- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 18 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Batu_Akyol. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Batu_Akyol.
Batu Akyol is a Turkish documentary director and producer.
He is also the co-founder of Loyka Visual Arts, a production company based in London; the founder and director of Turquazz Anatolian Jazz and Roots Festival; the art director and editor of Jazz Dergisi; and the author of the book titled Caz Çok Zor (2016).
In 2013, he shot the 10th anniversary documentary film of Nardis Jazz Club.
In the years 2013 and 2014, he shot the promotion films of the 17-18th Yapı Kredi Afife Theater Awards, which is organised yearly in memory of Turkey's first theater actress, Afife Jale.
|Year||English title||Turkish title|
|2010||Sultans of Kitchen||Mutfağın Sultanları|
|2013||Jazz in Turkey||Türkiye'de Caz|
|2013||The Second Hand||İkinci El|
|2014||To Bill Evans: The Story of a Tribute||Bill Evans|
|2018||The Taste of Istanbul||İstanbul'un Tadı|
|2019||An Evening With Tuna Otenel and His Friends (post-production)||Tuna Ötenel ve Dostlarıyla Bir Caz Akşamı|
- "Loyka - Visual Arts". http://loyka.net.
- "Turquazz Anatolian Jazz and Roots Festival". https://turquazz.org.
- "Jazz Dergisi". http://www.jazzdergisi.com.
- "Caz Çok Zor". https://www.dr.com.tr/Kitap/Caz-Cok-Zor/Batu-Akyol/Edebiyat/Soylesi/urunno=0000000713202.
- "Nardis Jazz Club - 10th Anniversary Documentary". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPocV4yln0.