- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 15 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Beautiful_Betsy. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Beautiful_Betsy, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Beautiful_Betsy.
The Beautiful Betsy had suffered combat fatigue and was only being used for short supply runs. It had been retired from combat. Its final mission was a Fat Cat run from Darwin to Brisbane - transporting men and supplies as part of a regular flight. It disappeared in stormy weather. The wreckage of the aircraft was discovered in what is now Kroombit Tops National Park, located in The Boyne Valley in central Queensland, Australia on 2 August 1994.
- Michael V. Nelmes Tocumwal to Tarakan : Australians and the Consolidated B-24 Liberator Belconnen. Banner Books, 1994.
- Beautiful Betsy - Kroombit Tops National Park
- B-24D-53 "Beautiful Betsy" Serial Number 42-40387
- Beautiful Betsy - A B24 Liberator
- Crash of a B-24D Liberator