Bitit (French company)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 6 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bitit_(French_company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bitit_(French_company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bitit_(French_company).
Original short description: "French organisation"
Bitit was founded in March 2015 by Nicolas Katan, Ugo Mare, and Simon Potier.
After a year of development and beta testing, Bitit launched its operations in October 2015 with live cryptocurrency purchases by credit/debit card. Initially Bitcoin was the only asset offered on their crypto-brokerage platform. In November 2017 they added Ethereum.
During the crypto craze at the end of 2017, and not long after Ethereum was listed, Bitit launched a new version of its cryptocurrency brokerage platform and continued to list additional cryptocurrencies over the following months, such as Litecoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and others.
- "Paris-based Bitit launches to let you buy Bitcoins from 100,000 physical stores around the world". VentureBeat. 24 March 2016. https://venturebeat.com/2016/03/24/paris-based-bitit-launches-to-let-you-buy-bitcoins-from-100000-physical-stores-around-the-world/.
- "Ripple (XRP) Coinbase Rival Adds XRP by Credit Card - 150,000 Stores Worldwide » Crypto Gazette" (in en). Crypto Gazette. 6 March 2018. https://oracletimes.com/ripple-xrp-coinbase-rival-adds-xrp-by-credit-card-150000-stores-worldwide/.
- "Bitit Launches to Solve Bitcoin Biggest Issues - Accessibility and Fraud" (in en). Coin Telegraph. https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitit-launches-to-solve-bitcoin-biggest-issues-accessibility-and-fraud.
- "50,000 More Outlets for Instant-Cash-Bitcoin Purchases in Canada, Australia and Europe" (in en). Coin Telegraph. https://cointelegraph.com/news/50000-more-outlets-for-instant-cash-bitcoin-purchases-in-canada-australia-and-europe.
- "France's Bitit adds support for Ripple (XRP) and Litecoin (LTC)". CryptoNinjas. 6 March 2018. https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2018/03/06/bitit-adds-support-ripple-xrp-litecoin-ltc/.
- "Bitit’s New Partnership with Cashlib Adds Over 35000 Instant Bitcoin by Cash Purchase Outlets in Europe" (in en). Coin Telegraph. https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/bitits-new-partnership-with-cashlib-adds-over-35000-instant-bitcoin-by-cash-purchase-outlets-in-europe.
- "Bitit Partnership Cashlib Add 35000 Instant Bitcoin Cash Purchase" (in en). NewsBTC. https://www.newsbtc.com/press-releases/bitits-new-partnership-cashlib-adds-35000-instant-bitcoin-cash-purchase-outlets-europe/.
- Hamladji, Samir (15 December 2017). "Comment La Start-Up Bitit Rend L’Achat De Bitcoins Accessible À Tous" (in fr-FR). Forbes France. https://www.forbes.fr/entrepreneurs/comment-la-start-up-bitit-rend-lachat-de-bitcoin-accessible-a-tous/?cn-reloaded=1.
- Hamladji, Samir (30 March 2018). "Bitcoin, Ethereum Et Ripple Pour Tous ! Les Meilleures Plateformes D'Echanges De Cryptomonnaies" (in fr-FR). Forbes France. https://www.forbes.fr/classements/bitcoin-ethereum-ripple-pour-tous-les-meilleures-plateformes-dechanges-de-cryptomonnaies/.
- "Top Alternatives to Coinbase 2020: Buy & Sell Cryptocurrency Instantly". Blockonomi. 6 May 2020. https://blockonomi.com/coinbase-alternatives/.
- "Comment acheter des crypto-monnaies ?" (in fr-FR). Coin24. https://coin24.fr/crypto-monnaies/plateformes/.