Black Shell Games
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 23 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Black_Shell_Games. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Black_Shell_Games, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Black_Shell_Games.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2015)
Black Shell Games is an American video game developer founded in December 2012, and is a subsidiary of Black Shell Media LLC. Black Shell Games' first commercial project was SanctuaryRPG, a downloadable game for Windows which was released on April 29, 2014. SanctuaryRPG fared well critically, with game review sites such as Destructoid praising the game for its humorous style and fun dungeon-crawling gameplay.
Following their initial release of SanctuaryRPG, they started working on Overture (video game), an action-adventure roguelike released for Windows on January 1, 2015. Hardcore GamerTemplate:'s Jahanzeb Khan praised the developer's initial price point and responsiveness of the development process by stating, "not only is it one of the cheaper Steam releases, but it’s also one that is almost constantly updated with fixes and new content," continuing with, "this type of reactive development certainly helps Overture and the reputation of its developer, Black Shell Games."
On December 13, 2014, the standalone expansion to SanctuaryRPG was revealed to be in Early Access bearing the name SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition. The game has been officially released on February 13, 2015 on both GOG.com and the Steam platform.
Black Shell Games has been met with controversy due to connections with its parent company (Black Shell Media LLC). The publisher was met with numerous allegations from online message boards in regards to their questionable business practices.
|Game Title||Release Date||Platform|
|SanctuaryRPG||April 29, 2014||Windows|
|Overture (video game)||January 1, 2015||Windows|
|SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition||February 13, 2015||Windows|
|TeraBlaster||July 10, 2015||Windows|
- Hancock, Patrick (Jul 17, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG is now available and name-your-own-price!". Destructoid. http://www.destructoid.com/sanctuaryrpg-is-now-available-and-name-your-own-price--278306.phtml/. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Reinhard, Bob (Mar 15, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG: Interview". ArtistryInGames. http://artistryingames.com/sanctuaryrpg-interview-black-shell-games/. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Khan, Jahanzeb (Feb 9, 2015). "Review: Overture". Hardcore Gamer. http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/02/09/review-overture/133711/. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Savage, Phil (Dec 18, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition is a first-person roguelike on Early Access". PC Gamer. http://www.pcgamer.com/sanctuaryrpg-black-edition-is-a-first-person-roguelike-on-early-access/. Retrieved Feb 13, 2014.
- "RELEASE: SANCTUARY RPG: BLACK EDITION". GOG.com. Feb 13, 2015. http://www.gog.com/news/release_sanctuary_rpg_black_edition. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Khan, Jahanzeb (Feb 13, 2015). "SanctuaryRPG Black Edition Launches on Steam". Hardcore Gamer. http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/02/13/sanctuaryrpg-black-edition-launches-on-steam/134894/. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.