- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 16 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:BodyArmor_SuperDrink. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BodyArmor_SuperDrink, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BodyArmor_SuperDrink.
BodyArmor SuperDrink is an independently owned sports drink based both in Queens, New York and Los Angeles, California. BodyArmor was founded in 2011 by Lance Collins, founder of Fuze Beverage and NOS Energy Drink, and Mike Repole, co-founder of Energy Brands, vitaminwater, and Smartwater. The two were industry rivals from 2001 to 2007 but Collins convinced Repole to reenter the beverage industry in 2011 to partner for BodyArmor. Repole cited an "innovation void in the beverage industry" as a major reason for forming the partnership and reentering the industry.
Health and performance benefits
BodyArmor brands itself as a premium sports drink by highlighting key ingredients in its formula including electrolytes, vitamins, and coconut water. It claims health benefits over traditional sports drinks by emphasizing that BodyArmor's electrolyte blend is high in Potassium and low in Sodium, it contains 100% RDI antioxidant Vitamins A,C, and E, and has 200% RDI Vitamin B. BodyArmor's packaging also advertises that it contains a base of 10% coconut water, natural flavors and colors, is caffeine free, and is sweetened with pure cane sugar.
BodyArmor's beverage line contains six flavors, including Fruit Punch, Orange Mango, Strawberry Banana, Tropical Citrus, Blueberry Pomegranate, and Mixed Berry. Discontinued flavors include Blueberry Raspberry Gogi, Cherry Citrus, Tropical Mandarin, Strawberry Banana Guava, Orange Mango Black & Green Tea, and Pomegranate Acai Green Tea.
BodyArmor has a group of professional athlete partners and investors it calls a "SuperTeam" which includes Andrew Luck, Rob Gronkowski, Mike Trout, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, Buster Posey, and Jason Pierre-Paul.
Andrew Luck has stated that he began drinking BodyArmor when playing college football at Stanford University. After his first year in professional football, Luck reached out to BodyArmor and a partnership was announced in September 2013. Tight end Rob Gronkowski partnered with BodyArmor in August 2012 and collaborated with BodyArmor in the 2013 offseason to record a video detailing Gronkowski’s recovery from his forearm and back injuries.
Mike Trout’s first major endorsement deal was made with BodyArmor in September 2012 and Trout was the first baseball player to partner with BodyArmor. National League MVP Buster Posey partnered with BodyArmor in May 2013, stating that BodyArmor helps him perform in the physically demanding position of catcher better than other sports drinks.
- "BodyArmor SuperDrink Founder Lance Collins to Keynote Speak And Open BevNet Live's Beverage Entrepreneur & Innovation Forum - PR Newswire". prnewswire.com. December 5, 2011. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/BodyArmor-superdrink-founder-lance-collins-to-keynote-speak-and-open-bevnet-lives-beverage-entrepreneur--innovation-forum-135021568.html. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "BodyArmor SuperDrink CEO Lance Collins Teams Up With Vitaminwater Co-founder, Repole, As They Take Another Swig at Beverages - PR Newswire". prnewswire.com. January 17, 2011. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bodyarmor-superdrink-ceo-lance-collins-teams-up-with-vitaminwater-co-founder-repole-as-they-take-another-swig-at-beverages-137476673.html. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "Superteam - BodyArmor SuperDrink". drinkBodyArmor.com. http://drinkBodyArmor.com/superteam/. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Boudway, Ira (September 17, 2013). "Colts Quarterback Andrew Luck Dumps Gatorade for a Stake in Uptart BodyArmor - Endorsements - Companies & Industries - Bloomberg Businessweek - Businessweek". Businessweek.com. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-17/colts-quarterback-andrew-luck-dumps-gatorade-for-a-stake-in-upstart-BodyArmor. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Madden, Lance (August 14, 2012). "Rob Gronkowski Becomes Endorser, Investor for BodyArmor SuperDrink - Sports Money - Forbes". forbes.com. http://www.forbes.com/sites/lancemadden/2012/08/14/rob-gronkowski-becomes-endorser-investor-for-bodyarmor-superdrink/. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Gronkowski recovery video
- Rovell, Darren. "Mike Trout signs first big endorsement deal - Sports Business News, Analysis - Dollars Blog - ESPN Playbook - ESPN". Espn.go.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1616/mike-trout-signs-first-big-endorsement-deal. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Dosh, Kristi (May 24, 2013). "Giants' Posey adds to list of endorsements - Dollars - Playbook - ESPN". espn.go.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/3535/giants-posey-adds-to-list-of-endorsements. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
- "Why Buster Posey signed with BodyArmor instead of that *other* sports drink company - Bay Area Sports Guy". bayareasportsguy.com. September 26, 2013. http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/why-buster-posey-signed-with-BodyArmor-instead-of-that-other-sports-drink-company/. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- This page could use some categorization… if it was still on Wikipedia. On Deletionpedia.org, we don't really care so much.