- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 30 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Caly_Bevier. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Caly_Bevier, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Caly_Bevier.
|Born||17 September 1999, Grand Rapids, Ohio, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, cheerleader|
Calysta (Caly) Bevier (born September 17, 1999) is an American female singer-songwriter from Grand Rapids, Ohio. Currently she is living with her uncle in Los Angeles. On May 2016, at age 16, she participated in the eleventh season of NBC TV competition show America's Got Talent and was Simon Cowell's golden buzzer that took her directly into the quarter finals. Later in the semi finals she did not get enough votes to get to the final and was eliminated. Caly also creates videos of covers songs for her youtube channel. She is now working on her E.P to be released later in 2017.
Early Life And Music
Calysta (Caly) Bevier is a native of Ohio. She came into being on September 17, 1999 to Adam Bevier and Missi Bevier. When Caly was 15 years of age she was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer which is incredibly rare in someone this young. Later on, in the summer of 2015 the doctor removed 4 lbs of tumor from her stomach.
After undergoing 21 chemo infusions, she was in remission by that fall. Additionally, she has been given the chance to become a face that could speak for cancer awareness. It is her goal to pay it forward.
Caly started singing from the age of 3 and always had that desire to be in front of a huge crowd and make them wow. Caly was also a Varsity cheerleader in High School.
On December 3rd 2015, Ellen Degeneres saw this 16-year-old cancer fighter singing “Fight Song” on Ellen Tube, she had to invite her on the show. Ellen wanted to bring a special guest on the show so they can celebrate Caly's cure from cancer, so she brought in Rachel Platten to sing a heart-throbbing duet with the teen.
Calysta Bevier is a beautiful and talented singer from one of the reality show called “America’s got Talent”, where she wowed the judges by her thrilling performance. At the audition round of America’s Got Talent Season 11 episode 04, her audition consisted a song of Rachel Platten titled as “Fight Song”.
In summer of 2015, Calysta went on a trip with her family to Orlando,Florida during her vacations. Everything was fun for Calysta until she got real sick. One day her mom noticed a lump under her belly button after which vacations were cut short and the family flew back to Ohio. There a physician incorrectly diagnosed her as pregnant, which she wasn't. Afterwards an ultrasound showed large tumor on her ovary. Surgeons removed nearly five pound tumor as well as her left Fallopian Tube and Ovary. After that surgeons told her that she had stage dysgerminoma(Stage 3) ovarian cancer. The 15 year old was very shocked and devastated when she heard that.
The next three months were very hard for her. In these three months she had 21 chemo infusions and a lot of hospital stays. Her weight got down to 80 pounds. She was sick, couldn't eat and was also vomiting.
But all of this didn't stop her. She never lost hope and became more positive. And on 28 August 2015 the doctors told her that she is now in remission and will be better soon. Seeing the hardships and challenges that a cancer patient confronts, Caly has started a non-profitable organization for kids which she called Caly Cares.
2016:America's Got Talent
On the June 21, 2016, broadcast during the eleventh season of NBC's AGT, Calysta auditioned with Rachel Platten's "Fight Song", and was Simon Cowell's "Golden Buzzer" act which sent her directly into the quarterfinals. In the semi final, her performance consisted of Sara Bareilles' "Brave". Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, Mel B and Simon Cowell gave her outstanding ovations. The panel of judges called her performance a flawless and outstanding one. Simon Cowell told Calysta that she is an amazing artist and that she is a very special person and an inspiration.The audience and all four AGT judges jumped to their feet after Caly’s performance. Howie Mandel commended her for bringing a strong message. . Caly received enough votes to be sent to the Semifinals instead of Moya Angela. In the Semifinals she sang Christina Perri's "Human". Calysta did not receive enough votes to be sent to the Finals, eliminating her from the competition along with Kadie Lynn, instead of Brian Justin Crum.
Post-America's Got Talent
After Americas Got Talent, Caly's life started to change, she was called into different events to sing, she also sang for different charity events mostly Cancer related. She was a Grand Marshall in the 29th annual blade holiday parade. It was held on 12 November 2016 which took place in Downtown,Toledo. Eighty organizations took part and there were about 20,000 spectators. The live music was provided by Calysta Bevier, The Grand Marshall.
Sexy Hair, the professional hair caring brand and the winner of Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play hairspray hosted a "Red Party" gala at the company's annual sales conference, where $114,000 were given to Look Good Feel Better from fund-raising efforts in 2016 for donating more than $1 million to charities and organizations. Calysta Bevier the ovarian cancer surviver was honored recently by Look Good Feel Better as one of their "DreamGirls," and by making her a new ambassador of the charity.
Northwest Ohio natives Calysta Bevier and Crystal Bowersox performed at a free summer concerts in Promenade Park, ProMedica. Former Ostego High School student now living in Los Angeles, takes the stage with local pop-rock band Arctic Clam. Caly performed for about 45 minutes, then was followed for an hour-long show featuring Elliston, Ohio native Crystal Bowersox and the Toledo Symphony. Caly also sang a song from her upcoming E.P.
Calysta Bevier is currently working on her E.P along with writer Bonnie McKee. There has been no release date of the E.P but from her twitter account she tweeted that its going to be released soon.
- Bevier, Calysta (28 July 2013). "Caly Bevier Confirmed Account". https://twitter.com/calybev?lang=en.
- Talent, Got (23 June 2016). "Calysta Bevier - Fight Song | America's Got Talent 2016". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJ9_GRYKkg.
- O'Rourke, Jill (3 August 2016). "Her Brave Performance On 'America's Got Talent' Will Inspire You". A Plus. http://aplus.com/a/calysta-bevier-americas-got-talent-brave?no_monetization=true.
- Spadafora, Jenna (12 November 2016). "29th Annual Parade attracts thousands to downtown Toledo". WTOL. http://www.wtol.com/story/33693781/29th-annual-parade-attracts-thousands-in-downtown-toledo.
- "Calysta Bevier will be grand marshal at Blade Holiday Parade". Toledo Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/Music-Theater-Dance/2016/09/28/Calysta-Bevier-to-serve-as-grand-marshal-for-Blade-Holiday-Parade-Nov-12.html.
- DiFilippo, Alex (27 October 2016). "Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Awareness Night". NHL. https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/annual-hockey-fights-cancer-awareness-night/c-283138838.
- Handel, Barbara (26 February 2017). "Fashion show raises funds to aid cancer patients". The Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/BarbaraHendel/2017/02/26/Barbara-Hendel-On-The-Town-Fashion-show-raises-funds-to-aid-cancer-patients.html.
- Blade Staff (20 February 2017). "Singer Calysta Bevier performs for center’s benefit". Toledo Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/Music-Theater-Dance/2017/02/20/Singer-Calysta-Bevier-performs-during-Victory-Center-s-Luncheon-Fashion-Show-at-Hilton-Garden-Inn-in-Perrysburg.html.
- Hair, Sexy (2 February 2017). "Sexy Hair Commits to Celebrate Beauty Everywhere With Over $1 Million in Charity Donations". Sexy Hair. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sexy-hair-commits-to-celebrate-beauty-everywhere-with-over-1-million-in-charity-donations-300401664.html.
- Henry, Tom (20 July 2017). "Singers Bevier, Bowersox to perform Friday in revamped Promenade Park". Toledo Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/Music-Theater-Dance/2017/07/20/Bevier-Bowersox-headline-new-downtown-Toledo-concert-series.html.