Can't Be Heaven
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 28 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Can't_Be_Heaven. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Can't_Be_Heaven, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Can't_Be_Heaven.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2014)
Can't Be Heaven (aka Forever Together) is a 2000 American family comedy film directed by Richard Friedman. The film stars newcomer Bryan Burke and Ralph Macchio. The film was loosely based on the 1968 movie Blackbeard's Ghost.[no citations needed here]
Danny (Bryan Burke), is a young student in middle school. He starts to develop feelings for his best friend, Julie (Michelle Trachtenberg). However a new student by the name of Archie (Michael Galeota) comes in and sweeps Julie off her feet. Danny flees to the graveyard where his father is buried and talks to him about his problems. He soon comes across Hubbie the Ghost (Ralph Macchio), who helps Danny with his girl problems. As a former living person from the 30's, Hubbie, gives Danny his advice. The advice repeatedly backfires, always leaving Danny depressed.
Danny soon learns that Hubbie once had a former lover before dying in an accident. Danny and Julie end up together at a school dance and Hubbie re-connects with his former love with the help of Danny.
- Bryan Burke as Danny
- Ralph Macchio as Hubbie
- Diane Ladd as Nana Gina
- Rachel Ticotin as Maggie
- Michelle Trachtenberg as Julie
- Garry Marshall as Pawn Shop Owner
- Kaley Cuoco as Teresa Powers
- Michael Galeota as Archie
- Matt McCoy as Mike
- Rachel Robinson as Miss Viola
- Garry Marshall as Pawn Shop Broker
- Shayna Fox as Shirley
- Michael Alaimo as Father Micelli
- Ralph Manza as Anzio
- Annie Abbott as Miss Wisser
- Siri Baruc as Young Nona Gina
- Bryan A. Robinson as Edgar
- Jamie Williams as Phil
TV Guide praised the film as an imaginative and refreshing look at adolescent romance, writing that it was "an amusing coming of age story far above the run-of-the-mill teen fare churned out in abundance."
- Bertrand, Merle (January 9, 2001). "FOREVER TOGETHER (CAN’T BE HEAVEN)". http://www.filmthreat.com/reviews/1526/. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Scheib, Richard. "CAN’T BE HEAVEN aka FOREVER TOGETHER". Moria. http://moria.co.nz/fantasy/cantbeheaven.htm. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Deming, Mark. "Forever Together (1999)". http://www.allmovie.com/movie/forever-together-v205824/. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Liebling, Rachel. "review: Forever Together". TV Guide. http://movies.tvguide.com/forever-together/review/135827. Retrieved July 29, 2014.