Cookham Reach Sailing Club
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 5 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Cookham_Reach_Sailing_Club. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cookham_Reach_Sailing_Club, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cookham_Reach_Sailing_Club.
The CRSC was formed in 1948 when a group of sailing enthusiasts based around the village of Cookham met up at the Quarry cafe on the riverbank opposite Townsends, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire and decided to form a sailing club. The club initially sailed on the same stretch of river as the Upper Thames Sailing Club. The sailors were asked to race on the next reach down, below the railway bridge. The club initially sailed from some riverbank land in Berries Road offered to the club for a small fee and the publican at the Crown Inn, Cookham offered the club an old hall as a meeting room. The first proper clubhouse was built and opened in 1954.
CRSC is a membership club with over 100 members of all ages.
The club organises racing series through the year with a Spring, Summer and Autumn, August Frolic and Winter series. It also holds single day events for cups throughout the year which includes an open meeting for the Lightning 368 dinghy class which is a round of the Noble Marine Insurance sponsored Travellers' Trophy Series. Many classes are raced at the club including the Lightning 368, Solo, OK, Laser, Topper, Enterprise and Merlin Rocket. The club races by the rules set out by World Sailing.
- "Cookham Reach Sailing Club - Home Page". https://www.cookhamreachsc.org/index.php.
- "Cookham Reach Sailing Club". https://www.rya.org.uk/Pages/wheres-my-nearest.aspx/map/691410/cookham-reach-sailing-club.
- "Cookham Reach Sailing Club - History Page". https://www.cookhamreachsc.org/history.php.
- "Cookham Reach Sailing Club - Sailing Activities Page". https://www.cookhamreachsc.org/sailing.php.
- "Lightning 368 Event Info". http://www.lightning368.org/lnwp/?page_id=41.
- "Noble Marine Lightning 368 Southern Championships at Cookham Reach Sailing Club". https://www.sail-worldcruising.com/news/218831/Lightning-368-Southern-Championships-at-Cookham.