Original short description: "American agriculture company"
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 16 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Corteva_Agriscience. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Corteva_Agriscience, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Corteva_Agriscience.
Corteva Agriscience is the agricultural unit of DowDuPont. DowDuPont announced the Corteva name in February 2018; Corteva will become a public company on June 1, 2019, when DowDuPont distributes shares in Covetra to its shareholders.
The DowDuPont agricultural businesses that became Corteva had revenue of over $14 billion in 2017, which would have placed the company in the Fortune 500 for that year. A major part of the company is Pioneer Hybrid International, which DuPont purchased in 1999.
In March 2019 Corteva was criticised by the Humane Society of the United States for testing a new fungicide on beagles. It has since stopped testing on beagles, and said it would "make every effort to rehome the animals" after it was reported that researchers intended to put the animals to death.
- "DowDuPont™ Agriculture Division to Become Corteva Agriscience™ as It Progresses Toward Becoming a Stand-Alone Company - DuPont USA". http://www.dupont.com/corporate-functions/media-center/press-releases/dowdupont-agriculture-division-to-become-corteva-agriscience.html.
- Template:Cite press release
- Trager, Rebecca (March 2018). "DowDupont names its three new separate businesses". https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/dowdupont-names-its-three-new-separate-businesses/3008721.article.
- "Humane Society criticizes Corteva Agriscience for testing pesticides on beagles in Michigan lab". Midland Daily News. 13 March 2019. https://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/Humane-Society-nbsp-criticizes-Corteva-13685980.php.
- Golgowski, Nina (19 March 2019). "Chemical Company Agrees To Stop Force-Feeding Beagles With Fungicide". HuffPost US. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/corteva-agriscience-beagle-testing-stopped_n_5c90dffbe4b04ed2c1aeb7c3.
- "Corteva announces end of beagle tests after Humane Society of U.S. investigation". ABC12. March 18, 2019. https://www.abc12.com/content/news/Corteva-announces-end-of-beagle-tests-after-Humane-Society-of-US-investigation-507325591.html.
- Hsin Hsuan Sun, Mimi (April 13, 2019). "Beagles force-fed pesticides, now released and up for adoption". CNN. https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/us/pesticide-testing-beagles-released-and-up-for-adoption/index.html.