- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Euroscicon. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Euroscicon, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Euroscicon.
Euroscicon (founded 2001) is a UK based independent life science events company with predominantly academic client base. The key strategic objective of Euroscicon is to communicate science research between academia, clinical practice and the pharmaceutical industry. Euroscicon Limited is registered in England and Wales. Most of its events are in London or live streamed.
Euroscion was founded in 2001 by Dr Shara Cohen (who is the current CEO) after identifying the need for scientific and clinical sectors within the Life Sciences to network more freely. Since 2001 its focus has broadened from running mostly technically focused events to include clinical and pharmaceutical focused events. In 2014 Eurosicon changed from running one day only events to include three day international events. After this change [researchers] started to use Euroscicon Ltd events to announce research advances.
Research advances announced at Euroscicon events
- A novel home fertility test for men was announced at EuroSciCon Reproductive Health Summit which took place in London (19 – 21 April 2016).
- Dutch biotech firm Micreos unveiled a new generation of antibiotics at the EuroSciCon meeting, Antibiotics Alternatives for the New Millenium, in London (5th – 7th Nov 2014).
- Changing the way we combat bacterial infections: Dutch biotech Micreos launches first bacteria-killing enzyme for human use against MRSA.
- PhotoBiotics presents Antibody Directed Phototherapy Update at Euroscicon Empowered Antibodies.
- Dr Elizabeth Pollitzer, Director of Portia, gave a talk at The 2014 Regenerative Medicine Event: Stem Cell Reprogramming.
- Surgihoney new weapon to fight superbugs.
In March 2016 Euroscicon Ltd started streaming live science conferences for the academic/clinical/pharma mix.
Notable Past Speakers
- Professor Dame Julia Polak Imperial College, UK spoke at Surviving as a Woman in Science (2nd Nov 2007)
- Professor Malcolm Alison (DSc), (FRC Path) spoke at Recent Advances in Molecular and Cellular Pathology (Friday, 6 December 2013)
- Professor Ray Iles spoke at Gestational diseases and disorders in pregnancy: prevention, identification, treatment and control (Friday 18 October 2013)
- Professor David C Rubinsztein spoke at Analysis of Autophagy Regulation: Discussion of recent research and new technologies (Thursday, 3 October 2013)
- Professor Polly Roy spoke at Vaccine delivery systems for the future (Friday, 17 May 2013)
- Michael J C Burgess OBE Coroner of The Queen's Household Legal Secretary of the Coroners' Society of England and Wales, spoke at The 2nd Annual Forum for disaster victim identification (12 March 2013)
- Professor Peter Vanezis OBE, spoke at Crime Scene Analysis and Victim Identification Forum (Monday, 11 March 2013)
- Professor Ranjan Ramasamy spoke at Beating Malaria 2014, (1 – 3 July 2014)
- Professor Jon Arch, Dean of Science, Medicine and Dentistry, University of Buckingham, spoke at The 2014 Obesity Summit (1 – 3 April 2014)
- Professor Sue Black spoke at the 3rd Forum for Disaster Victim Identification (4 March 2014)
- Professor Ali Mobasheri spoke at The 2015 Tissue Engineering Congress]] (8 – 10 September 2015)
- Professor Frank O. Bastian spoke at The 2015 Alzhiemers disease congress (23 – 25 June 2015)
- Professor Wesley Vernon OBE spoke at The 2015 Forensic Forums (10 – 12 March 2015)
- Professor Martin Buck spoke at Bacteriophage 2016 (19 – 21 January 2016)
- "Personalize my Medicine - Partnership with Euroscion". https://www.personalizemymedicine.com/partnership-with-euroscicon/.
- "New hope in fight against superbugs". Herald Scotland. 6 November 2014. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13188307/New_hope_in_fight_against_superbugs/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Breakthrough drug kill MRSA". Daily Mail. 7 November 2014. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2822956/Breakthrough-drug-kill-MRSA.html/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Home fertility test men developed researchers allows couples check quality man semen". Daily Mail. 22 April 2016. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3554711/Home-fertility-test-men-developed-researchers-allows-couples-check-quality-man-s-semen.html#ixzz4DhfSSFMp/. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Breakthrough drug 'can kill MRSA'". http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2822956/Breakthrough-drug-kill-MRSA.html.
- "Antikor – PhotoBiotics presents Antibody Directed Phototherapy Update at Euroscicon". http://www.antikor.co.uk/press/photobiotics-presents-antibody-directed-phototherapy-update-at-euroscicon-e/.
- "Portiaweb – Latest News". http://www.portiaweb.org/index.php/latest-news/92-portia-at-euroscicon/.
- "Reactive Oxygen – Case Studies". http://www.reactiveoxygen.co.uk/news/Case-Studies/.