- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 3 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Intramural_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Intramural_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Intramural_(film).
Intramural is an upcoming 2014 independent sports comedy film directed by Andrew Disney, based on a script by Bradley Jackson. The film stars Jake Lacy, Nikki Reed, Kate McKinnon, Beck Bennett and Jay Pharoah, and focuses on a group of college seniors that decide to form an intramural football team before graduating. The film is planned to be released around the 2014 NFL season.
Caleb (Jake Lacy) is a fifth-year senior preparing to graduate. Not quite ready to settle into the life, expectations, and realities outside of his college, he decides that he wants to reassemble The Panthers, an intramural football team that had to shut down after one of the team members ended up getting partially paralyzed for life. Doing so is going to be far more difficult than he expected.
- Jake Lacy as Caleb Fuller
- Nikki Reed as Meredith Fuller
- Kate McKinnon as Vicky
- Beck Bennett as Dick Downs
- Nick Kocher as Grant
- Brian McElhaney as Chance
- Gabriel Luna as Vinnie
- Will Elliott as George
- Kirk C. Johnson as Ace
- Sam Eidson as Jimmy
- Nicholas Rutherford as Hank
- Jay Pharoah as Dan Albert
- DC Pierson as Bill Costas
- Michael Hogan as Mr. Albrecht
- Clint Howard as Philip
The film's script was written by Bradley Jackson during his sophomore year at the University of Texas, where he was inspired to create the script after listening to his friends brag about their intramural sports games. Jackson expressed his desire to have Andrew Disney direct the film, as he greatly enjoyed his work. Nikki Reed was later confirmed to be performing in the film, as would Beck Bennett and Michael Hogan. Jackson and Disney raised funds for the film through a successful Kickstarter campaign, and filming began on July 12, 2013 in Austin, Texas and continued for six weeks, ending on August 22, 2013. During the campaign, the film received $450,000 after a Friday filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Searching for Sonny, the 2011 film directorial debut of Andrew Disney
- "Intramural Shooting in Austin With a Cast of Comedy Heavy Hitters". Screen (magazine). http://www.screenmag.com/story/2013/aug/08/10338/. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Ragland, J. Parker (August 9, 2013). "For all the athletes who never could...". Fort Worth Business Press. http://fwbusinesspress.com/fwbp/article/1/1790/News-Categories-Arts-and-Culture/For-all-the-athletes-who-never-could.aspx. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Guerrero, Dorothy (2013-10-31). "Almost Famous". The Alcalde. http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2013/10/almost-famous/. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- Mejia, Lisa (2013-09-13). "Viewing the World Through Words". Austin Fusion Magazine. http://austinfusionmagazine.com/2013/09/16/viewing-the-world-through-words/. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Sneider, Jeff (2013-07-24). "'Twilight' Star Nikki Reed Leads Cast of Football Comedy 'Intramural'". The Wrap. http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/twilight-star-nikki-reed-leads-cast-football-comedy-intramural-105591. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Luippold, Ross (2013-07-24). "Kate McKinnon, Jay Pharoah Shooting Indie 'Intramural' In Austin This Summer". The Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/kate-mckinnon-shooting-intramural-in-austin-this-summer_n_3646030.html. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Riese, Monica. "Kickstart Your Weekend With the 'Intramural' Team". Austin Chronicle. http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2013-08-09/kickstart-your-weekend-with-the-intramural-team/. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Kay, Jeremy. "Intramural shoots kicks off". Screen Daily. http://www.screendaily.com/news/production/intramural-shoots-kicks-off/5058623.article. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Champion, Matthew (2013-09-02). "That's a Wrap: Austin Sports Film Intramural Completes Production". The Austinot. http://austinot.com/austin-sports-film-intramural-production. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Swiatecki, Chad (2013-08-12). "Sports film 'Intramural' nabs $450K, continues Austin shoot". Austin Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/creative/2013/08/sports-film-intramural-receives.html. Retrieved 2014-01-02.