Jaffar Public School
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 13 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Jaffar_Public_School. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jaffar_Public_School, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jaffar_Public_School.
Jaffar Public School was inaugurated in 1989 by Mrs Yasmin Jaffar.Initially, education for Ordinary Level based on the British GCSE system only until the 8th grade. However, later, O Level studies from the 9th to 11th grade were also offered.
The school has recently accomplished 30 years of existence.
Like most private schools in Karachi, Jaffar Public School aims to prepare its students to excel in University of Cambridge International Examinations GCE Ordinary Level examinations. All students have to study the six compulsory subjects (English, Urdu, Math, Add Math, Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat) offered by JPS. Students are then allowed to select amongst four sets of three subjects each for their Ordinary Level examinations as they proceed to the ninth grade:
- Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Computer Science, Accounting, Economics
- Business Studies, Accounting, Economics
Global Perspectives is now offered as an additional course for students who wish to opt for it.
The school has three separate sections, the Kindergarten, Junior and Senior.