- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 18 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kosmos_Holding. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kosmos_Holding, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kosmos_Holding.
Kosmos Global Holding S.L., also known as Kosmos Holding or Kosmos, is a Spanish holding and investment company headquartered in Barcelona, Spain.
CEO, Javier Alonso said in an interview, “What we do here in Kosmos is that Gerard dreams, and we try to make his dreams reality. He has a lot of fantastic ideas and we just try to go after them, to make them real" 
On February 26, 2018, Kosmos announced plans to invest $3 billion over 25 years in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas. Kosmos will partner with the International Tennis Federation to transform the tournament. On August 6, 2018, Larry Ellison published a letter announcing that he will be joining Kosmos as an investor.
Kosmos also launched Kosmos Studios, a media and content company that creates premium sports and entertainment content. Kosmos Studios produced the first ever transfer documentary with Atlético de Madrid forward, Antoine Griezmann revealing his personal decision to stay at AM. Other projects include a Pique + video series with Neymar Jr., Lionel Messi, Robert Lewandowski, James Rodriguez, Gianluigi Buffon, Javier Mascherano and more stars leading up to the 2018 FIFA World Cup. There is also rumors of Kosmos producing the very first all access FC Barcelona documentary for the club and all its players.
In August 2018, Kosmos launched Kosmos Tennis, a subsidiary of Kosmos focused on the development and management of global tennis events. Kosmos Tennis is run by Chief Executive Javier Alonso, a former director of Dorna and Fernando Soler, the former head of IMG Tennis. On December 29, 2018, Kosmos announced its purchase of a controlling interest in the football club FC Andorra.
November 18, 2019 the first new edition of the Davis Cup Finals by Rakuten took place. Several top players participated including Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal, with Nadal wining the title for his country Spain. While a success for many, there was much controversy with the upcoming ATP Cup organized by Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). 
Criticism of Davis Cup
Kosmos partnership with the International Tennis Federation to revamp the Davis Cup has drawn much discussion in the tennis and sports community. Many claim that the partnership will take away from the traditions of the 118-year-old tennis event. In a secret meeting held in Orlando, Florida, on August 16, 2018, the changes proposed by Kosmos received a 71 percent approval at the International Tennis Federation annual general meeting. Proposals require a two-thirds majority to pass. While France and USA voice strong support for the changes and voted in favor of the move, others, such as Australia, were against the new format.
After the vote, Roger Federer and other players in the world criticize the new project as French player Nicolas Mahut tweeted, "The Davis Cup died, and a part of the history of our sport flew away for a handful of dollars". Other players on the circuit including Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal have publicly supported the new idea. Lleyton Hewitt of Australia strongly opposes the new initiative as an erosion of the 100-year-old tradition of the Davis Cup.
- "Gerard Piqué monta su último negocio con dos 'colegas' de Harvard". https://www.economiadigital.es/directivos-y-empresas/gerard-pique-monta-su-ultimo-negocio-con-sus-colegas-de-harvard_543422_102.html.
- "Piqué ficha talento de WWP y Asics para preparar su entrada en el negocio del tenis". https://www.palco23.com/competiciones/pique-ficha-talento-de-wwp-y-asics-para-preparar-su-entrada-en-el-negocio-del-tenis.html.
- "Major Davis Cup shake-up approved - Rediff.com Sports". http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/major-davis-cup-shake-up-approved/20180816.htm.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Ellison excited for Indian Wells to host revamped Davis Cup". https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennis-daviscup/ellison-excited-for-indian-wells-to-host-revamped-davis-cup-idUSKBN1KS12V.
- "With Larry Ellison's help, could Davis Cup make its way to Indian Wells?". https://eu.desertsun.com/story/sports/tennis/2018/08/06/larry-ellisons-help-could-davis-cup-make-its-way-indian-wells-tennis-world-cup-federer-nadal-serena/919947002/.
- "BNP Paribas Open Tournament Owner Larry Ellison Supports New Davis Cup Format - Tennis Panorama". 6 August 2018. http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/63137.
- "Davis Cup revamp plans get mixed response". http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/22595981/davis-cup-revamp-plans-hold-event-one-location-seven-days-november-get-mixed-response.
- "Davis Cup Overhaul Wins Approval From Tennis Officials". https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/sports/davis-cup-vote-itf.html.
- "ITF delegates approve radical Davis Cup overhaul". https://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/itf-delegates-approve-radical-davis-cup-overhaul-20180816.
- "Davis Cup: ITF plans to introduce 18-team World Cup of Tennis Finals in revamp". 26 February 2018. https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/43202373.
- "Gerard Pique's 'Tennis World Cup' plan backed by English player Andy Murray, Serbian Novak Djokovic and fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal". 12 May 2017. https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/gerard-pique-s-tennis-world-cup-plan-backed-by-andy-murray-novak-djokovic-and-rafael-nadal_sto6162644/story.shtml.
- "Weighing the pros and cons of the ITF's roll-the-dice Davis Cup revamp". http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2018/08/weighing-pros-and-cons-itfs-roll-dice-davis-cup-revamp/76079/.