List of Filipino films and TV series based on Wattpad stories
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 9 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:List_of_Filipino_films_and_TV_series_based_on_Wattpad_stories. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Filipino_films_and_TV_series_based_on_Wattpad_stories, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_Filipino_films_and_TV_series_based_on_Wattpad_stories.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
The first film that was released was HaveYouSeenThisGirL's Diary ng Panget. Due to the popularity of the story, the film was a box-office success.[no citations needed here]
Distribution per publisher and producer
- Books that are published under VIVA-PSICOM are opted for film adaptations under VIVA Films.
- Books under LIB and Bookware are adapted into television series by TV5 and movies under Star Cinema.
- Books under Summit Media's imprint Pop Fiction are adapted into movies by Star Cinema excluding Operation: Break the Casanova's Heart, which will be adapted by Viva Films.
This are the list of films based/adapted from Filipino Wattpad stories:
|April 2||Diary ng Panget||Andoy Ranay||Nadine Lustre, James Reid, Yassi Pressman, Andre Paras||Denny||Viva Films||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|July 16||She's Dating the Gangster||Cathy Garcia-Molina||Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla||Bianca Bernardino||Star Cinema||Teen Romantic comedy-drama, Tragedy (book)|||
|August 20||Talk Back and You're Dead||Andoy Ranay||James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Joseph Marco||Alesana Marie||Viva Films and Skylight Films||Teen Romantic comedy-action|||
This are the list of TV series based/adapted from Filipino Wattpad stories:
- Color key
(re-run; December 22-26, 2014)
|My Tag Boyfriend||Monti Parungao||Sam Concepcion, Jasmine Curtis-Smith||Anjanette Bernales||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|September 27 - October 26
|My App #Boyfie||Jojo Saguin||James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Dominic Roque||Noreen Capili||ABS-CBN||Teen Romantic comedy, Fantasy|||
|September 29 - October 3
(re-run; November 17-21)
|Mr. Popular Meets Miss Nobody||Jay Altarejos||Mark Neumann, Shaira Mae dela Cruz||Jewell Atienza||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|October 6-10, 2014
(re-run; January 5-9, 2015)
|Poser Story||Jay Altarejos||Chanel Morales, Akihiro Blanco||Maxine Lat Calibuso||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
(re-run; December 29, 2014 - January 2, 2015)
|Almost a Cinderella Story||Soxie Topacio||Eula Caballero, Carl Guevarra||Soju||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
(re-run; January 12-16, 2015)
|DyepNi||GB Sampedro||Jennica Garcia, Alwyn Uytingco||pajama_addict||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|October 27-31||Savage Casanova||Monti Parungao||Ritz Azul, Edward Mendez, Luke Jickain, Tuesday Vargas||Mica Sofia Flores||TV5||Romantic comedy|||
|November 3-7||Fake Fiancé||Jade Castro||Sophie Albert, Vin Abrenica||keired||TV5||Romantic comedy|||
|November 10-14||Diary ng Hindi Malandi
|Sam Dabao||Isabelle de Leon, Edgar Allan Guzman||Francis Herrera||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|November 17, 2014 — present||Bagito||Onat Diaz, Jojo Saguin||Nash Aguas, Alexa Ilacad, Ella Cruz||Noreen Capili||ABS-CBN||Teen drama, Romantic comedy|||
|November 24-28||Mr. Popular Meets Miss Nobody: Still in Love||Jay Altarejos||Mark Neumann, Shaira Mae dela Cruz, Yassi Pressman||Jewell Atienza||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|December 1-5||His Secretary||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||Bianca King, John James Uy||Elise Mae||TV5||Romantic comedy|||
|December 8-12||Just for A While||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||Martin Escudero, Eula Caballero||Orange Leaf||TV5||Romantic comedy|||
|December 15-19||Game of Love||Monti Parungao||Chanel Morales, Kean Cipriano||Jeraldine Tan Layson||TV5||Romantic comedy-drama|||
|January 19-23||Trip in Love or Fall in Love||Soxy Topacio||Bret Jackson, Eula Caballero||Gea Arra||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|2015||Never Talk Back To A Gangster||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||James Reid, Nadine Lustre, Joseph Marco||Alesana Marie||Viva Films and Skylight Films||Romantic comedy-action, Drama|||
|2015||The Bet||Ted Boborol||Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano||Kim Villanueva||Star Cinema||Teen Romantic comedy|| |
|2015||Teen Clash||style="text-align:left;" Template:TBA||Nash Aguas, Alexa Ilacad||Ilyn Anne Danganan||Star Cinema||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|2015||Ex With Benefits||Gino M. Santos||Meg Imperial, Sam Milby, Coleen Garcia||Ruth Mendoza||Star Cinema and Viva Films||Erotic romance, Drama|||
|2015||Size Matters||style="text-align:left;" Template:TBA||Zanjoe Marudo, Angelica Panganiban||Soju||Star Cinema||Romantic comedy, Erotic|||
|2015||Your Place or Mine?||Joel Lamangan||Andi Eigenmann, Bret Jackson||turning_japanese||Viva Films||Romantic comedy-drama|||
|style="text-align:left;" Template:TBA||He's Into Her||style="text-align:left;" Template:TBA||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||Maxine Lat Calibuso||Star Cinema||Romantic comedy|||
|Note: Because these movie projects are in production, the cast and directors are subject to change. There is also the possibility of the project to be shelved and pushed back for a later release date or totally be cancelled.|
|January 26, 2015||A House Full of Hunks||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||Jasmine Curtis-Smith, Albie Casiño, Charlie Sutcliffe, John Spainhour, Vin Abrenica||Maria Lourdes Sumang||TV5||Romantic comedy|||
|2015||Mistakenly Meant For You||Zaldy Gumaru||Isabelle de Leon, Carl Guevarra||pajama_addict||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|2015||I'm Inlove With A Dota Player||style="text-align:center;" Template:TBA||Shaira Mae dela Cruz, Mark Neumann||Maria Cristina Lata||TV5||Teen Romantic comedy|||
|Note: Because these television series projects are in production, the cast and directors are subject to change. There is also the possibility of the project to be shelved and pushed back for a later release date or totally be cancelled.|
- "Diary ng Panget the movie in the works!". 28 August 2013. http://viva.com.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4531:diary-ng-panget-the-movie-in-the-works&catid=1:news&Itemid=2. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Diary ng Panget (2014) Official Trailer". Viva Films. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCSKS3iurdk. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "KathNiel to star in film version of 'She's Dating the Gangster'". Rappler. January 30, 2014. http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/49246-kathniel-shes-dating-the-gangster. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "First look: Daniel, Kathryn in 'She's Dating the Gangster'". ABS-CBN News. June 21, 2014. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/20/14/first-look-daniel-kathryn-shes-dating-gangster. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "VIDEO: She's Dating The Gangster Full Trailer". July 3, 2014. http://www.abs-cbn.com/updates/070314-VIDEO-Shes-Dating-The-Gangster-Full-Trailer?scid=29613CFB-F936-48DC-BA41-BF29D17487DD. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "WATCH: Kathryn, Daniel in 'She's Dating The Gangster' teaser". ABS-CBN News. June 28, 2014. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/28/14/watch-kathryn-daniel-shes-dating-gangster-teaser. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Dimaano, Loren (May 20, 2014). "Talk Back and You're Dead in cinemas soon!". Viva Films. http://viva.com.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4783:-back-and-youre-dead-to-come-alive-in-cinemas&catid=1:news&Itemid=2. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- Mendoza, Ruel (June 2, 2014). "James Reid and Nadine Lustre paired anew for movie version of Talk Back and You’re Dead". http://www.pep.ph/guide/movies/13899/james-reid-and-nadine-lustre-paired-anew-for-movie-version-of-talk-back-and-youre-dead. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "James Reid, Nadine Lustre reunite in new film". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN. July 7, 2014. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/07/07/14/james-reid-nadine-lustre-reunite-new-film. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Jasmine Curtis Smith and Sam Concepcion to star in new TV5 mini-series". September 4, 2014. http://www.pep.ph/guide/photos/4847/jasmine-curtis-smith-and-sam-concepcion-to-star-in-new-tv5-mini-series. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "#WattpadStoriesIntoTVSeries (tentative)". Wattpad Quotes. September 3, 2014. https://twitter.com/Wattpad_Quotes/status/507125020720889856. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "JaDine gets first Kapamilya project". ABS-CBN. September 4, 2014. http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/jadine-gets-first-kapamilya-project. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "MY APP BOYFIE Teaser". ABS-CBN Online. September 4, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbZ1LJxA4U&feature=youtu.be. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "My App Boyfie (OT)". ABS-CBN News. September 1, 2014. http://forums.abs-cbn.com/my-app-boyfie/upcoming-teleserye-starring-james-reid-and-nadine-lustre/. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Nadine and James stars on My App Boyfie". Veooz. September 1, 2014. http://www.veooz.com/photos/wHT0Rvh.html. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "#WattpadStoriesIntoTVSeries TV5". Wattpad Quotes on Twitter. September 6, 2014. https://twitter.com/Wattpad_Quotes/status/508220481271386112. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- TV5 Official Facebook - Wattpad Presents
- ABSCBN Entertainment (November 12, 2014). "BAGITO Full Trailer". ABSCBN Entertainment. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRKbIpXdNM&feature=youtu.be. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- ABSCBN Entertainment (October 15, 2014). "BAGITO Teaser". ABSCBN Entertainment. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK4UVNDuDMc&feature=youtu.be. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- TV5 Insider (November 9, 2014). "Abangan ang eksenang ito ng #KySea!". TV5 Insider. Twitter. https://twitter.com/TV5Insider/status/531403073092988928. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- TV5 Insider (November 20, 2014). "A must-see portrayal of bianca_king on @wattpadpresents #HisSecretary!". TV5 Insider. Twitter. https://twitter.com/TV5Insider/status/535402231877869569. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- TV5 Insider. [http://instagram.com/p/wQ3KMnnIzG "Love at first sight ba yan? @wattpadpresents #JustForAWhileTV5 premieres Monday, Dec. 8, 9pm only on TV5!"]. TV5 Insider. Instagram. http://instagram.com/p/wQ3KMnnIzG. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- TV5 Insider. "Makuha kaya nina Luke at Alain ang tamang timpla ng pagmamahalan? Dec 8-12 9PM TV5". TV5 Insider. Twitter. https://twitter.com/Wattpadpresents/status/540923028683489280. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- TV5 Insider (November 7, 2014). "The happy cast of @wattpadpresents #GameOfLove.". TV5 Insider. Twitter. https://twitter.com/TV5Insider/status/530663353761669120. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Viva Films (December 18, 2014). [https://www.facebook.com/734640923261455/photos/a.734651813260366.1073741828.734640923261455/798857216839825/?type=1 "Early Grind! Bret Jackson as Tyler Wattpad presents Trip in love or Fall in Love with Eula Caballero Directed by Soxy Topacio on TV5 (c) @cuuuhryl"]. TV5. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/734640923261455/photos/a.734651813260366.1073741828.734640923261455/798857216839825/?type=1. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- Viva Films (December 18, 2014). "Catch VAA cutee Bret Jackson on Wattpad Presents "Trip in Love or Fall in Love " with Eula Caballero on TV 5 #TylerYuki (c) @b.waw". TV5. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/734640923261455/photos/a.734651813260366.1073741828.734640923261455/799379716787575/?type=1. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- "#SNAPSHOTS: Joseph Marco signs with Star Cinema". ABS-CBN. September 5, 2014. http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/snapshots-joseph-marco-signs-with-star-cinema. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- Reyma Buan-Deveza (August 19, 2014). "ABS-CBN bets big on Enrique Gil-Liza Soberano tandem". ABS-CBN News and Star Cinema. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/08/19/14/abs-cbn-bets-big-enrique-gil-liza-soberano-tandem. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "WATCH: Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano star in TV series ‘Forevermore’". August 19, 2014. http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/watch-enrique-gil-liza-soberano-star-in-tv-series-forevermore. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano star in ‘The Bet’'. Star Cinema. Retrieved 2014-06-25
- Liza Soberano likes it 'super fast'. Star Cinema. Retrieved 2014-07-10
- Liza Soberano, Janella Salvador sign contract with Star Cinema. Star Cinema. Retrieved 2014-07-4
- "#SNAPSHOTS: Nash Aguas, Alexa Ilacad lead upcoming Star Cinema film". Star Cinema. August 28, 2014. http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/snapshots-nash-aguas-alexa-ilacad-lead-upcoming-star-cinema-film. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- Abante, Marsh (November 18, 2014). "Meg Imperial talks about Ex With Benefits". http://viva.com.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5188%3Ameg-imperial-talks-about-qex-with-benefitsq&catid=1%3Anews&Itemid=2. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "#SNAPSHOTS: Zanjoe Marudo, Angelica Panganiban team up in a Star Cinema film". Star Cinema. November 13, 2014. http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/snapshots-zanjoe-marudo-angelica-panganiban-team-up-in-a-star-cinema-film.
- "Bret to Andi: Your Place Or Mine?". Viva Entertainment. November 26, 2014. http://viva.com.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5223%3Abret-to-andi-your-place-or-mine&catid=1%3Anews&Itemid=2.
- "VIDEO: "He's Into Her" ni Maxine Jiji, gagawing Pelikula". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. September 30, 2014. http://www.abs-cbn.com/updates/092914-VIDEO-Hes-Into-Her-ni-Maxine-Jiji-gagawing-Pelikula?scid=AE30331C-0E30-4033-9235-66DEE9F30A04. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Soon on TV5 for early 2015 release". TV5. Twitter. December 20, 2014. https://twitter.com/Wattpadpresents/status/546159058097410049. Retrieved December 20, 2014.