- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 17 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Living_Hope. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Living_Hope, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Living_Hope.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2014)
Living Hope is a 2014 Christian documentary film. Directed by David Kiern and produced by Mitchell Galin for Epiphany Documentary Films, it follows the stories of three people working amongst the poor in Cape Town, South Africa. The film had its US premiere on February 23, 2014.
Living Hope tells the story of a Christian ministry in Cape Town, as they serve the poor and sick in the townships of their city. The film focuses on the stories of three individuals involved in the ministry:
- In 1999, Pastor John V. Thomas learned that a township near his church had an HIV infection rate of 44%. Motivated to break the cycle of disease and poverty in Cape Town, John and his church founded "Living Hope", as a ministry dedicated to helping the poor, taking care of the sick, and spreading the Gospel.
- Leonie Rustin is a single mother whose life is crippled by a severe drug addiction. After a pastor leads her to faith, she enters a recovery program at Living Hope, and begins to restore her life. Eventually, she begins helping others in her community with addiction problems.
- Joey Lankford is an American who moves his family from their prosperous life in America to South Africa, in order to work amongst the poor. Once in Africa, he launches a farming venture, training men and women from the townships how to build their own self-sustaining businesses.ref>B&H Publishing, Joey Lankford</ref>
- Joel Smallbone as Narrator
- Rocky Calmus
- Dana Perino
- Michael W. Smith
- John V. Thomas
- Scott Harris
- Sonny Terril
- Allen West
- Amy Aaron
- Courtney Lankford
- Joey Lankford
- Clifford Munyaradzi
- Leonie Rustin
- George W. Bush (archive footage)
Filming for Living Hope commenced in March, 2012. South Africa locations included Masiphumelele, Ocean View, Cape Town, Capricorn, Overcome Heights, and Muizenberg, with scenic shots done on Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope. Additional shooting was done in Nashville and Manhattan. Production wrapped in July, 2012.
A US tour is scheduled for February and March, 2014.
- staff. "Missionary Joey Lankford builds tunnels and creates jobs in South Africa". Brentwood Baptist. http://www.brentwoodbaptist.com/brentwood/news/2012/05-16/missionary-joey-lankford-builds-tunnels-and-creates-jobs-in-south-africa. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- staff (February 12, 2014). "Living Hope Documentary to premiere on Brentwood Baptist campus". The Advertiser News. http://advertisernews.biz/entertainment/living-hope-documentary-premiere-brentwood-baptist-campus.html. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Gibson, Manda (November 15, 2006). "HIV/AIDS ministry in S. Africa buoyed by U.S. partnership". Baptist Press. http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=24401. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Georgiou, Erin (June 2012). "Living out the Lords Love". Joy!. http://www.joymag.co.za/article.php?id=379. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Williamson Herald
- Living Hopes events