- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 12 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mustafa_Abdel-Wadood. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mustafa_Abdel-Wadood, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mustafa_Abdel-Wadood.
|Born||January 8, 1970|
BA of Arts in Business Administration|
MA of Business Administration
American University in Cairo|
|Occupation||Partner and Chairman of the Management Executive Committee (The Abraaj Group)|
|Employer||The Abraaj Group|
Global Leaders of Tomorrow - World Economic Forum (2002)|
Young Global Leader - World Economic Forum (2007)
American University in Cairo Distinguished Alumni Award (2008)
Mustafa Abdel-Wadood is an Egyptian businessperson and investor, living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He is a member of the Board of Directors and Vice Chairman of the Management Executive Committee of The Abraaj Group, a private equity investor operating in the growth markets of Asia, MENA, Turkey, Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America and the top 50 equity company in operations based outside of Europe or the United States.
Early life and education
Mustafa Abdel-Wadood was born in Cairo and was raised in a number of countries as the son of an Egyptian diplomat. He holds a bachelor's degree from the American University in Cairo and an MBA from Georgetown University, both in Business Administration.
Mustafa Abdel-Wadood has over 20 years of experience in fields of investment management, corporate finance and business development obtained while working throughout the Middle East, Africa and Asia region. Prior to his position in The Abraaj Group, Abdel-Wadood was working at EFG-Hermes, the regional investment bank, as CEO in the United Arab Emirates and previously as Head of Investment Banking.
He was also one of the co-founders and managing director of Sigma Capital, managing the company's investment banking and corporate finance activities. Prior to his position at Sigma Capital, Abdel-Wadood was working for eight years at Egypt's Orascom Group, where he held the position of Director of Development and Investments, and a Board Member of Orascom Telecom, where his responsibility was corporate investments and acquisitions. Mustafa also served on the boards of several publicly listed and private companies, such as EFG-Hermes, Jordan Ahli Bank, ENSHAA PSC, Air Arabia, and Acıbadem Healthcare Group, among others.
Awards and recognitions
Mustafa was selected as one of the "Global Leaders of Tomorrow" in 2002, and as a "Young Global Leader" in 2008 by the World Economic Forum. In 2007, He was also awarded the "American University in Cairo Alumni Achievement Award".
He has appeared in publications and on business TV channels and is a speaker on issues related to private equity, emerging markets, corporate governance, entrepreneurship, and the Middle East.
Mustafa Abdel-Wadood is a member of the Dubai Chapter of the Young Presidents' Organization and was a founding member of the board of the Young Arab Leaders. He is a board member of the UAE Chapter of Endeavor, a US based organization focusing on promoting and supporting Entrepreneurship. He serves on the advisory board of the American University in Cairo School of Business as well as the Global Business Initiative of the Georgetown School of Business. Between 2001 and 2002, he was a part-time lecturer at American University in Cairo Institute of Banking and Finance. In 2007, he established the "Public School Abdel-Wadood Mustafa Scholarship" at the American University in Cairo, awarded to outstanding students from Egyptian public schools.
Mustafa is married with two children.
- Reed, Stanley (10 February 2011). "Egypt's Telecom Mogul Embraces Uprising". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_08/b4216017491350.htm. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Hamdan, Sara; Reed, Stanley (1 May 2012). "Bankers Find It Tough to Tap Gulf Region’s Wealth". The New York Times. http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/05/01/bankers-find-it-tough-to-tap-gulf-regions-wealth/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Focused on a Vision". The Business Year. 6 July 2012. http://www.thebusinessyear.com/publication/article/10/1276/uae_dubai_2012/focused-on-a-vision. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "AUC - Mustafa Abdel-Wadood". The American University in Cairo. http://www.aucegypt.edu/alumni/chapters/Pages/MustafaAbdel-Wadood.aspx. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Alumni information - Mustafa Abdel-Wadood". American University in Cairo. http://www.aucegypt.edu/alumni/chapters/Pages/MustafaAbdel-Wadood.aspx. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "2009-10 Academic Catalog". American University in Cairo. http://catalog.aucegypt.edu/content.php?catoid=14&navoid=429#scho_fell. Retrieved 31 March 2014.