- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 17 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Néstor_Barron. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Néstor_Barron, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Néstor_Barron.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
He began his artistic activity very early, with his first classical guitar concerts when he was 12 years old. Then he turned his musical course towards the rock and the pop music, as a member of the MIA music cooperative (MIA is the Spanish acronym of Independent Argentine Musicians), when he was 16 years old, together with Lito Vitale among others. At the same time, he began to write. Among his musical works, can be mentioned the album The return of the Domestic Beasts, recorded in 1995 at the recording studios of Litto Nebbia.
His first published book was Eromancia (Ediciones Oliverio, Buenos Aires). Also he developed a wide career as a comic scriptwriter, and wrote stories for the most Argentinian famous characters, like Nippur de Lagash, Pepe Sanchez and Dago; nowadays, he continues writing comics books for the markets of Italy, France, Belgium and Switzerland. "Malouines: Le ciel appartient aux faucons", his last comic book, it was published by Éditions Paquet, Switzerland. The work have four volumes, of which up to the moment published three: "Skyhawk" (2010), "Pucará" (2012) and " Super Étendard " (2013).
Barron has written also many shows for Argentinian television. In Italy, he has realized four documentary TV movies: Saint Francis of Assisi, Saint Peter, Siena's Mysteries, and Rome, the Eternal City, for the Turner Broadcasting System's argentinian cable channel called Infinito.
In the last years, Néstor Barron has refocused his work on poetry and narrative. In November 2007 was published his novel Fuck you all, Clint Eastwood said (Ediciones Continente, Buenos Aires, Argentina), and in March 2008 his book of poems The Others (Tales of the misogynist who loved all women). His recent Anthology of Contemporary Mapuche Poetry was prefaced by Osvaldo Bayer, one of the most important figures in Spanish-American culture.
In November 2009, was published his poetry book, The Soldier's Ethics; a poem from this book had been previously chosen for the international anthology of the 3e Festival de la Poésie à Paris (September 26 - October 3, 2009), directed by Yvan Tetelbom, founder of Pòetes à Paris.
A new book of poetry, Irish Songs, was published in August, 2013, and it has a prologue by Liam Clancy, the legend of the Irish traditional music.
French poet Guy Allix said about Barron's poetry: " To born is to arrive late already ", Néstor says to us in a desperation taken with courage of fully assumed man. There is in this poetry something radical and rough that, beyond the distresses of an epoch, plunges in our more secret and more terrible depths and seems to find there, paradoxically, an antidote against the pain of living, an indomitable energy. This shows a way without complacency, a way of real bravery in these times of widespread resignation.
In October, 2015, after more than three years of delay, was finally published his novel Jazz, a fundamental link in the saga that the author develops in a parallel way in his narrative and his poetry. Several works by him - poetry, narrative, comic - have been translated to the French, Portuguese, English, Italian and Russian languages.
- Jazz... o La gran novela psicótica argentina (Jazz... or The great Argentine psychotic novel, 2015) ISBN 978-950-754-528-3
- Canciones irlandesas (Irish songs, 2013) ISBN 978-950-754-400-2
- Ética del Soldado (Soldier's Ethics, 2009) ISBN 978-950-754-293-0 - French version: Éthique du Soldat
- Las Otras (Historias del misógino que amaba a todas las mujeres) (The Others (Tales of the misogynist who loved all women), 2008). ISBN 978-950-754-256-5
- Kallfv Mapu, Tierra Azul (Antología de la Poesía Mapuche Contemporánea) (Anthology of Mapuche poetry, 2008). ISBN 978-950-754-255-8
- Váyanse todos a la mierda, dijo Clint Eastwood (Fuck you all, Clint Eastwood said, 2007). ISBN 978-950-754-235-0
- Cuentos de Merlin (Tales of Merlin, 2007). ISBN 978-950-754-227-5
- Cuentos de Humor Negro (2007). ISBN 978-950-754-238-1
- Cuentos de duendes de la Patagonia (Tales of the goblins from Patagonia2006) ISBN 978-950-754-211-4
- El Mágico Mundo de los Vampiros (The magical world of the vampires., 2006). ISBN 950-754-133-0
- Cuentos de fantasmas (Ghosts Tales, 2005) ISBN 950-754-136-5
- Néstor Barron, Official website
- Néstor Barron, Official MySpace Music
- Template:Es Ariel Avilez: Interview with Néstor Barron
- Template:Es Verónica Bonacchi: «Una figura para tres capítulos». La Nación Newspaper (Buenos Aires).
- Template:Es Marisa Quiroga. «Herederos que se enfrentan sin piedad. La Nación Newspaper (Buenos Aires).
- Néstor Barron filmography at Internet Movie Database
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-31. https://web.archive.org/web/20090731111432/http://poetesaparis.fr/ESPACE%20POETIQUE%20OUVERT.pdf. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- In Spanish : "Nacer ya es llegar tarde" ; from Néstor Barron's poem called "A little talk just before sleeping"
- Guy Allix: Poésie Étrangère Template:Webarchive