- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 19 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Navnirmaan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Navnirmaan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Navnirmaan.
After the tsunami, a perception holds that only deep sea fishing communities have been affected by the disaster. Other coastal communities, a majority of whom are Dalits and tribals, are not recognized by the government and civil society as being significantly affected. The Dalits, tribals and Muslim communities, however, are dependent on primary fishing and/or farming communities, doing secondary and wage work.[no citations needed here] They are thus considered only marginal stake-holders and, in most cases, are invisible and uncounted. The Nanirmaan project addresses these neglect, discrimination and livelihood issues of the Dalitbahujan communities who have been affected.
The program was implemented by Fr.Thomas Pallithanam and is the imprimatur, or director of Peoples Action for Rural Awakening. The development organization of the Protestant and Free Churches in Germany was set up in 1959 and supports numerous projects in the Southern hemisphere. Together with its local partner organizations in the respective countries Brot für die Welt campaigns to improve the living conditions of the poorest in the world and a fairer world order. The aim of the campaign is to fight for justice to the poor. As an aid agency, Bread for the World contributes to overcoming hunger, poverty and social need in almost all the developing countries by financing development projects of local partner organizations. People are supported in their capacity towards self-help.
- Livelihood restoration
- Livelihood contributions
- Bridge Schools-A bridge school is being run on Hope Island off Kakinada Port in the Bay of Bengal to cater to the educational needs of the isolated fisher community here.
- Dalit Bahujan Shramik Union, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Punarnirmaan, tsunami response programme of PARA in other districts
- Rama Lakshmi in the Washington Post (January 18, 2005). Tsunami Opens Fault Lines in Old Caste System. The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16472-2005Jan17.html.
- Annie Namala (2005). [, , ,  How Right is it to review discrimination in crisis and even death?]. , , , .
- Paul Diwakar, (2005). Overall Situation by PAUL. http://www.dalits.org/tsunamireportbypaul.htm.
- Vincent Manoharan, (2005). Overall Situation by Vincent. http://www.dalits.org/tsunamireportbyvincent.htm.
- Suma Guha Mozumder at the United Nations, (February 15, 2006). Tsunami relief: UN report slams India. http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/feb/15tsunami.htm.
- Staff Reporter of The Hindu, (March 17, 2005). Discrimination in tsunami relief work alleged. The Hindu. http://www.hindu.com/2005/03/17/stories/2005031711550600.htm.
- Damyanty Sridharan (December 23, 2005). Women face double discrimination during disasters. Archived from the original on 2015-02-01. http://infochangeindia.org/other/features/women-face-double-discrimination-during-disasters.html.
- Karuna Trust ,. Caste discrimination affects tsunami-rehabilitation work. http://www.karuna.org/tsunami2.htm.
- Fatima Burnad, Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development . The Tsunami exacerbates Dalit women’s sufferings from caste discrimination. Archived from the original on 2006-02-06. https://web.archive.org/web/20060206221222/http://apwld.org/tsunami_dalitwomen.htm.
- Anti-Caste (January 15, 2005). Letters submitted to Workers Vanguard – A Marxist Working-Class Biweekly of the Spartacist League on discrimination against untouchable survivors of the South Asian tsunami. Archived from the original on June 26, 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070626152537/http://www.anti-caste.org/letters/tsunami.html.
- Rajiv PI in the Indian Express (January 8, 2005). Even Govt divides survivors on caste, says it’s practical. The Indian Express. http://indianexpress.com/res/web/pIe/full_story.php?content_id=62317.
- Action Aid International. Tsunami Response – A Human Rights Assessment. Archived from the original on 2006-02-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20060204144235/http://www.actionaid.org/wps/content/documents/TSUNAMI%20REPORT%20-%20for%20screen%20viewing.pdf.
- Robin Hindery of the Associated Press in The Seattle Times (February 3, 2006). Tsunami survivors' rights violated?. The Seattle Times. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002780243_tsunami03.html.
- Make Poverty History Campaign. Hope amidst the Destruction: Time to unite against poverty – Statement by The Global Call to Action against Poverty on the policy implications of the Tsunami. Archived from the original on 2005-02-06. https://web.archive.org/web/20050206122857/http://www.makepovertyhistory.ca/e/tsunami.html.
- Niruj Mohan, Arvind Narrain , Nitin.R, Deepu and Clifton Rozario in the Lines magazine (February 2005). Exclusion of Dalits and Adivasis in the time of Tsunami: The case for an inclusive relief and Rehabilitation Policy. Archived from the original on 2005-04-05. https://web.archive.org/web/20050405215028/http://www.lines-magazine.org/Art_Feb05/arvindetal.htm.
- Further reading
- Annie Jayaraj , Programme Manager, ATMA Consultancy Services, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh (May 2002) (PDF). Post Disaster Reconstruction Experiences in Andhra Pradesh, in India – A paper presented at the Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada. http://www.grif.umontreal.ca/pages/i-rec%20papers/annie.pdf.