Rachel Naomi Remen
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 22 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rachel_Naomi_Remen. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rachel_Naomi_Remen, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rachel_Naomi_Remen.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (June 2013)
Rachel Naomi Remen (born February 8, 1938, New York, New York) is an author, teacher, and pioneer in integrative medicine. Together with Michael Lerner (environmentalist), she is a founder of the Cancer Help Program at Commonweal Institute, better known as Commonweal. She is a professor at the Oster Center of Integrative Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco. She is the founder of the Institute for the Study of Health & Illness. She has been featured on the PBS television series, Thinking Allowed.
Dr. Remen's most well-known books include "Kitchen Table Wisdom" and "My Grandfather's Blessing", both of which are New York Times bestsellers. Kitchen Table Wisdom has been translated into 21 languages, and has sold over 700,000 copies worldwide. She is also the founder of a medical student curriculum called "The Healer's Art" used in medical schools throughout the United States.
- A Life in Medicine: A Literary Anthology, Robert Coles, Randy-Michael Testa, Joseph D'Donnell, editors, New York: The New Press (2011), p. 91
- "Rachel Naomi Remen, MD - The Bravewell Collaborative". Bravewell.org. http://www.bravewell.org/integrative_medicine/pioneer_lectures/leadership.pioneers.remen/. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Changing the Face of Medicine | Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen". Nlm.nih.gov. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/changingthefaceofmedicine/physicians/biography_264.html. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Rachel Naomi Remen: Thinking Allowed, DVD, Video Interview". Thinkingallowed.com. http://www.thinkingallowed.com/2rremen.html. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "Rachel Naomi Remen – Kitchen Table Wisdom". Rachelremen.com. http://www.rachelremen.com/books/kitchen-table-wisdom/. Retrieved 2013-06-09.