- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 28 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rajan_Raje. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rajan_Raje, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rajan_Raje.
oooh, orphan Template:COI Template:Infobox Indian politician Rajan Raghunath Raje (born 18 September 1957) is an Indian social activist and Labour Union Leader. Raje is also the founder and president of the regional political party, DharmaRajya Paksha in the state of Maharashtra, India.
Raje grew up in Thane, Maharashtra, a region close to Mumbai. He is a law graduate from the University of Mumbai.[no citations needed here] Raje stood first in SSC exam among the Marathi students in the district and ranked 16th in the state for the same exam. Raje also secured the National Scholarship, the State Scholarship and Sir Dorabji Tata Trust Scholarship.
Rajan Raje published poems in the novel Rajhans. He is married to Ranjan. They have one son and one daughter.
Rajan Raje has been a trade union leader for 30 years. As a union leader, Raje has fought against contract work systems (ie. employee contracts) and liberalization and privatization policies in the production and services industries. Raje's unions were run under the organization 'Dharmarajya Kamgar-Karmachari Mahasangh', which later formed into his political party established in 2011.
In 2009, Rajan Raje entered politics by joining Maharashtra Navnirman Sena. Raje had contested both Lok Sabha and State assembly election as a candidate of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena from Thane constituency, but did not get the seat. Raje left the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena citing ideological difference between him and the mainstream party.
On 16 November 2011, Rajan Raje established his own political party, DharmaRajya Paksha(DRP) after quitting Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
Issues and activism
Raje opposed the proposed Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project, involved in protests, meetings and appeals for action beginning in 2011. Also in 2011, Raje produced a documentary film High Power about issues faced by the local population displaced due to India's first atomic power station at Tarapur, constructed in 1962. The censor board of India, in its primary screening, denied a certificate saying the subject of the film is against government policy. In May 2013, the film was awarded a 'Yellow Oscar' at the 3rd International Uranium Film Festival of Rio de Janeiro and received the world premiere in Brazil.
Raje has been involved with a number of issues with educational institutions. In 2009, he was involved with a protest against a proposed student fee rate hike in private educational institutions. In 2010, Raje led a union of working staff at Parshvanath College of Engineering against the management of the University of Mumbai over questions of mismanagement, non-payment of salaries and sexual harassment. In November 2012, Rajan Raje instigated an investigation into an alleged forgery at the Patil College of Engineering in Chunabhatti, Mumbai, which had resulted in an unjustified increase in student fees.
Raje has supported decreased development in Western Ghat where illegal mining operations threaten the environment. He organized a conference in 2013, and has advised the government of India on this issue.
- "Bike rally held in support of Anna's Jan Lokpal stir". DNA Syndication. 11 August 2011. http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/MUMBAI/dna_english_news_and_featuresBike-rally-held-in-support-of-Annas-Jan-Lokpal-stir/DNMUM218911.
- "Rajan Raje to float new party this week". The Indian Express. 13 November 2011. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rajan-raje-to-float-new-party-this-week/875009.
- "Rebel Rajan Raje challenges MNS with a new party". DNA Syndication. 18 November 2011. http://www.dnasyndication.com/showarticlerss.aspx?nid=4GiCrkleU5tBVncd894iKE5MequmC4L3puHZU7NVjec=.
- "Speed news: Thane politics". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Thane-politics/speednewsbytopic/keyid-836150.cms. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Loksabha election 2009 MNS candidates". MNS Official Website. https://www.manase.org/en/maharashtra.php?mid=67&smid=39&did=0&dsid=0&pmid=0&id=904.
- "Thane rebel may upset MNS apple cart". DNA Syndication. 17 November 2011. http://dnasyndication.com/dna/article/DNMUM227989.
- "Less jobs, more crime". The Times of India. 9 February 2009. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-02-09/mumbai/28044972_1_crime-defaults-joblessness.
- "Sulzer Pumps employees get Rs 1.20 lakh bonus payout". The Times of India. 9 September 2012. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-02/mumbai/33548067_1_bonus-payout-employees-sulzer-pumps.
- "At AAP launch in Maharashtra, Kejriwal releases ‘black paper’ on irrigation". FIRSTPOST. 3 December 2012. http://www.firstpost.com/politics/kejriwal-launches-party-in-maharashtra-seeks-irrigation-scam-probe-542589.html.
- "Kejriwal launches AAP in Maharashtra, slams Chavan govt over irrigation scam". India Today. 2 December 2012. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/arvind-kejriwal-launches-aam-admi-party-in-maharashtra/1/235735.html.
- "Aam Aadmi Party's Maharashtra unit launched in Raigad district". India Today. 3 December 2012. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aam-aadmi-party-maharashtra-unit-launched-in-raigad/1/235805.html.
- "Mumbai-Thane: Whose election is it anyway?". The Hindu. 10 October 2009. http://www.hindu.com/2009/10/10/stories/2009101057180500.htm.
- "KEEPING THE STAFF HAPPY Workers just love to be a part of this firm". The Times of India. 25 September 2008. http://www.epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JTS8yMDA4LzA5LzI1I0FyMDA0MDI=&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom.
- "Political turncoats in for a close call". The Economic Times. 27 April 2009. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2009-04-27/news/28389027_1_thane-ganesh-naik-shiv-sena.
- "MNS man to quit over English banner". Hindustan Times. 23 April 2010. http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Mumbai/MNS-man-to-quit-over-English-banner/Article1-534796.aspx.
- "Mumbai after Thackeray". Open Media Network. 1 December 2012. http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/nation/mumbai-after-thackeray.
- "Navi Mumbai unit's dy chief quits along with 31 others". DNA Syndication. 17 April 2009. http://dnasyndication.com/showarticle.aspx?nid=DNMUM131347.
- "Kejriwal launches party in Maharashtra, seeks irrigation 'scam' probe". MID DAY. 3 December 2012. http://www.mid-day.com/news/2012/dec/031212-Kejriwal-launches-party-in-Maharashtra-seeks-irrigation-scam-probe.htm.
- "Kejriwal launches party in Maharashtra, seeks irrigatin 'scam' probe". issuu.com. 8 December 2012. http://issuu.com/abpl/docs/av_8thdec12.
- "High Power Trailer". article.wn.com. http://article.wn.com/view/2013/06/07/Power_play/#/video. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Banned at home, Yellow Oscar winner abroad". dearcinema.com. 4 June 2013. http://dearcinema.com/article/banned-at-home-yellow-oscar-winner-abroad/5048.
- "Price of Power". The Indian Express. 2 June 2013. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/price-of-power/1123810/.
- "SIX YELLOW OSCARS GO TO SIX COUNTRIES". uraniumfilmfestival.org. http://www.uraniumfilmfestival.org/index.php/en/press-room/press-release/773-6-nuclear-yellow-oscars-go-to-6-countries. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Parents support fee hike protest". DNA Syndication. 30 December 2009. http://dnasyndication.com/showarticle.aspx?nid=DNMUM158271.
- "Ex-trustee trying to defame college". Afternoon DC. 23 June 2010. http://www.afternoondc.in/city-news/ex-trustee-trying-to-defame-college/article_4081.
- "City engineering college mgmt to be dissolved". DNA Syndication. 24 February 2010. http://dnasyndication.com/dna/article/DNMUM163963.
- "Act, or else we will agitate: Parshvanath college union". DNA Syndication. 3 July 2010. http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/article/DNMUM165082.
- "Fake documents row: Engineering college may face action". DNA Syndication. 13 November 2012. http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/dna_english_news_and_features/Fake-docu-row_-Engg-college-may-face-action/DNMUM260262.
- "Fake documents row: Engineering college may face action". DNA. 13 November 2012. http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_fake-documents-row-engineering-college-may-face-action_1763845.
- "Probe into fee hike by Vasantdada Patil College of Engineering college". DNA. 3 December 2012. http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_probe-into-fee-hike-by-vasantdada-patil-college-of-engineering-college_1772639.
- "Is political vendetta behind protests against Kher?". rediff.com. 13 April 2011. http://www.rediff.com/news/report/political-vendetta-behind-protests-against-kher/20110413.htm.
- "City residents to support Anna's cause". DNA Syndication. 28 December 2011. http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/MUMBAI/dna_english_news_and_features/City-residents-to-support-Anna%E2%80%99s-cause/DNMUM231909.
- "Why re-examine the Gadgil Committee report on Western Ghats?". moneylife.in. 20 May 2013. http://www.moneylife.in/article/why-re-examine-the-gadgil-committee-report-on-western-ghats/32794.html.