- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:SafeTrade. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SafeTrade, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SafeTrade.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (August 2016)Template:MorerefsSafeTrade is an online investment company based in Hyderabad, India. The company's main offering is Active Portfolio Service (APS), a web-based robo-advisory portal for individual (retail) Indian investors. SafeTrade is notable as the first robo-advisory company in India to permit the inclusion of individual equities in their clients' portfolios;[no citations needed here] other robo-advisory services only permit mutual fund or ETF investments. SafeTrade also offers its clients a Portfolio Builder tool to help build a balanced portfolio based on Modern Portfolio Theory.
SafeTrade's financial management reach remains relatively minor compared to other robo-advisory service providers that cater to institutional investors: as of December 10, 2015, the company managed over 9 crore rupees (about US$1.3 million). However, the company has been featured in India's largest tech magazine (SiliconIndia) as one of India's startups of the year for 2015 due to its innovative approach to robo-advisory services.
SafeTrade operates as a robo-advisor, providing online portfolio management services requiring very little human intervention. Like other robo-advisors, it bases its portfolio management services on Modern Portfolio Theory. However, it is the first Indian company to offer robo-advisory services that permit the purchase of individual stocks for retail investors (rather than limiting clients to mutual funds and ETFs).[no citations needed here] Investors in individual stocks might face more volatility than mutual fund and ETF investors, but on the other hand avoid paying fees to fund providers and benefit from total portfolio transparency.Template:Unreliable source?
Awards and Recognitions
SafeTrade was named the Best Finance Startup at the 2015 Indian Startup Awards for simplifying stock market investments, and is a Red Herring Top 100 Asia Winner.Template:Failed verificationTemplate:Primary source inlineTemplate:Primary source inline Many independent blog writers on finance topic have referred to the company service as useful for individual investors.
More than 10k followers are actively following the twitter page of the company
- "Stock market solution without employees". http://www.deccanchronicle.com/151006/business-latest/article/stock-market-solution-without-employees.
- "Bazaar Analysis: Leading to Safe Investments with Healthy Returns". http://www.siliconindia.com/magazine-articles-in/Bazaar_Analysis_Leading_to_Safe_Investments_with_Healthy_Returns-CCTX787065401.html. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Mutual Funds Or Stocks: Which Is Better For You?". http://www.forbes.com/sites/robrussell/2013/12/09/mutual-funds-or-stocks-which-is-better-for-you/. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- "Indian Startup Awards - FinalAwardees". http://www.startupawards.biz/finalawardees. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "Bazaar Analysis selected as a 2015 Red Herring Top 100 Asia | Red Herring". http://www.redherring.com/events/red-herring-asia/2015-top100-winners/. Retrieved 2015-12-10.