Sankar (film director)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 30 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sankar_(film_director). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sankar_(film_director), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sankar_(film_director).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2013)
13 April 1981
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Film director, writer|
|Notable work(s)||Streetlight, Oru Pennum Parayathathu, Priyappetta mammootty|
Vijayamma Rajappan Sankar (v.r.sankar), commonly known as Sankar (Malayalam – ശങ്കർ ) is an Indian movie director, screenwriter, short story writer and Novelist. who works in Malayalam cinema and literature.
Early and personal life
Sankar was born in 13 April 1981 in Palamoodu village near Vembayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.[no citations needed here] After schooling from LPS and BHS Kanniakulangara, he completed his graduation from Govt. College Nedumangad.[no citations needed here] He started his career as a media journalist and short story writer. He has also done audio programmes for Aakashavani, Thiruvananthapuram.[no citations needed here]
Sankar is a self-taught filmmaker.[no citations needed here] His debut film as a director is Streetlight (2012), starring Aparna Nair, Krishnan Balakrishnan, Irshad (actor) and Maya Viswanath. The story of Streetlight is a free adaptation of the novel Oru Pennum Parayathathu (The Story Never Told by a Woman) and narrates the life of a prostitute who fights against the corrupt and maligned socio-political environment of the society of Kerala and finally makes her way successfully in to a committed social worker. Her life is a journey from social alienation and stigma in to transformed and socially concerned person who becomes a godsend for the large group of orphaned children.
Sankar is also known for his bold stands, reactions and writings on social and political issues at various magazines.[no citations needed here] His articles made many controversies and widely discussed in Kerala.[no citations needed here] Oru valakilukkathinte Oarmakku (Memories of the Bangles) is his first published short story collection. Oru Pennum Parayathathu (The Story Never Told by a Woman) is his first published novel. Poopoloral (A Man Like a Rose) and Kaappi marangalkkidayile penkutty (The girl from coffee country) are his other books.
|2012||Streetlight||Malayalam||Writer, Director||Krishnan Balakrishnan, Aparna Nair, Irshad, Maya Vishwanath||Malayalam Cinema Debut.|
He has scripted and directed few television programmes like 'Sindhurasmaranakal',[no citations needed here] 'Gramodhayam',[no citations needed here] 'Archana',[no citations needed here] 'Nakshatraperuma',[no citations needed here] 'Nirammankiya Ormangalilude',[no citations needed here] 'Priyapetta Mamootty' Arangettam,[no citations needed here] Story Time,[no citations needed here] Oarmayiloode,[no citations needed here] etc. scripted documentary like "Havyam",[no citations needed here] 'Varnacharthu',[no citations needed here] etc. He received the Holy Faith Television Award for the TV programme 'Priyappetta mammootty'.[no citations needed here] He also got the Mahatmaji Kathasamanam for the year 1998.[no citations needed here]
|1||Oru valakilukkathinte Oarmakku (A memorable symphony of bangles)||short story collection||Parithi pablications|
|2||Oru Pennum Parayathathu (The story never told by a woman)||Novel||Haritham Books|
|3||Poopoloral (A man like a rose)||Novel||Melinda Books|
|4||Kaappi marangalkkidayile penkutty (The girl from coffee country)||Short story collection||Haritham Books|
- 'streetlightmovie' profileTemplate:Dead link
- 'timesofindia' articles
- 'Mathrubhumi' gallery
- 'sensegroup' profile
- 'sankarvr.blogspo' profile (Template:ISO 639 name, Template:ISO 639 name)
- 'kerala9' page
- 'indiaglitz' gallery
- 'indiancinemagallery'profileTemplate:Dead link
- 'metromatinee' page
- 'movie sulekha' page
- movie photos 'cinespot' pageTemplate:Dead link
- 'Malayalam cinema' streetlight page