- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 15 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Shajan_Skariah. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shajan_Skariah, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shajan_Skariah.
Original short description: "Journalist from Kerala"
Kottayam, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Journalist and writer|
|Children||Stefan, Gangotri and Ritwik|
Shajan Skariah (born 18 May 1972) is an Indian journalist and writer, Founder Editor of Marunadan Malayali and British Malayali, He is the former Sub-Editor of Deepika. Shajan has more than 25 years of experience in the field of Journalism. He has reported 2002 Korean Asian Games, 2003 Afro-Asian Games, 2008 Busan Asian Games, 2012 London Olympics and several National Games as a representative of various Malayalam Publications.
Shajan Skariah was born in Kottayam, Kerala, he started his journey in Journalism with the Yuvadeepam Magazine published from Kanjirapally in 1993. he completed his B.Com from St. Dominic's College Kottayam and MA Sociology from Annamalai University. He received a PG Diploma in Journalism from Institute of Journalism Trivandrum after which he was working as a freelance Journalist for a number of South Indian Publications.He later joined Deepika as a Sub Editor during which time he won the State award for Journalism. He later moved to the UK, and attended MBA at Bradford University.He founded British Malayali during this period. Upon return to India in 2008, he founded Marunadan Malayali and was the Managing Editor till 2018. He pursued his LLB from Kerala Law Academy during this period. Shajan resigned from Marunadan Malayali to practice as an advocate specializing in Cyber Law and defamation and is currently pursuing an MA in Criminology.
- "Shajan Skariah Writes about attappady mob Lynching". http://britishmalayali.co.uk/index.php?page=newsDetail&id=75065.
- bureau, the citizen. "Over 100 Journalists Write To IB Ministry Against Proposal To Regulate Digital Media". https://www.thecitizen.in/index.php/en/NewsDetail/index/2/13693/Over-100-Journalists-Write-To-IB-Ministry-Against-Proposal-To-Regulate-Digital-Media.
- "സത്യത്തിനും, നന്മയ്ക്കും വേണ്ടി നിലകൊള്ളും: ഗണേഷ് കുമാര്". 6 February 2015. http://www.janmabhumidaily.com/news265336.
- "Shajan Scaria vs State Of Kerala on 4 October, 2018". https://indiankanoon.org/doc/5243617/.
- "മറുനാടന് മലയാളി ചീഫ് എഡിറ്റര് മാനേജിംഗ് എഡിറ്റര് പദവികള് ഷാജന് സ്കറിയ രാജിവെച്ചു". MarunadanTV. http://marunadantv.com/news/details/shajan-skariah-resigned-from-md-position.
- "Journalists Write to Smriti Irani Expressing Concern Over Online Media Regulation". https://thewire.in/media/journalists-letter-smriti-irani-online-media-regulation.
- "മൂന്നാർ വിവാദം വഴിതെറ്റുന്നെന്നു മാധ്യമമേഖലയ്ക്കു വീണ്ടുവിചാരം; എം.എം മണിയിൽ വിവാദം കേന്ദ്രീകരിക്കരുതെന്നു ഷാജൻ സ്കറിയ; അതു കയ്യേറ്റക്കാർ രക്ഷപ്പെടാൻ വഴിയൊരുക്കും l KAIRALINEWSONLINE.COM -". http://www.kairalinewsonline.com/2017/04/27/102837.html.
- "മാധ്യമപ്രവർത്തകനും കുടുംബത്തിനും നേരെ ബിജെപി-ആർഎസ്എസ് ആക്രമണം". 14 October 2016. https://www.twentyfournews.com/2016/10/14/bjp-rss-attack-gainst-media-person.html.
- Jan 13, TNN; 2015; Ist, 1:19. "Arrest of journos: One denies police claim, says never signed bail bond – Kochi News". https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/Arrest-of-journos-One-denies-police-claim-says-never-signed-bail-bond/articleshow/45861472.cms.