- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 3 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Slick_Aguilar. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Slick_Aguilar, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Slick_Aguilar.
Mark "Slick" Aguilar (born 1954) is an American guitarist. He has worked with a number of notable musicians but is probably best known as a member of Jefferson Starship.  From 1974-1980 he was an in house guitar player for TK studios in N. Miami. He recorded with KC & the Sunshine Band, Bobby Caldwell, Latimore, George & Gwen McRae, Clarence Reid, Timmy Thomas and Betty Wright. He played guitar with KC & the Sunshine Band and Wayne Cochran during the late 1970s before moving to the West Coast. It was there that he recorded with, Buddy Miles' band and in 1982-84 he toured with David Crosby. In 1984 Slick joined Marty Balin's band which led to him being hired to play lead guitar in the KBC Band. When Paul Kantner reformed Jefferson Starship in 1992 he hired Slick as the band's lead guitarist. He also sometimes performs with Marty Balin as a duo. credits: David Crosby Band (82-84) C. Santana, Randy California, Rick Derringer, Stephen Stills, Edgar Winter, Ray Manzarek, Tony Williams, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Allman, Timmy B. Schmidt, Wayne Cochran & CC Riders, K.C. & the Sunshine Band, Al Kooper, Jose Feliciano, Jerry Jeff Walker, Merle Saunders, Neil Young, Butch Trucks, Big Brother and the Holding Co.(Sam Andrews,Dave Getz, Peter Albin), Papa John Creach, Amos Garrett, Fred Neil, Vince Martin.
When Paul Kantner reformed Jefferson Starship in 1992, he hired Slick to be the band's lead guitarist, a position that lead to musical director that he held until 2012.
In 2016 Slick formed the Airplane Family including Joli Valenti (son of Dino Valenti, Quick Silver Gold),Michael Falzarano (Hot Tuna, New Riders), Prairie Prince (co-founder of the Tubes, Todd Rundgren, Jefferson Starship), Peter Kaukonen (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna), Darby Slick (Great Society, Composer of Somebody to Love), Darby Gould Venegas (Jefferson Starship). Currently, also formed in 2016 the Live/Dead69 Band with the original keyboard player from the Grateful Dead in 1967-70 Tom Constantin, Mark Karan (Rat Dog, Dave Mason, Further, Phil and Friends), Robin Sylvester (Rat Dog, Marty Balin Band), Prairie Prince or Joe Chirco (Zen Tricksters).
with PAX band (Perú)
- May god and your will land you and your soul miles away from evil (Sono Radio 1972)
with KBC Band
- KBC Band (1986)
with Jefferson Starship
- Deep Space / Virgin Sky (1995)
- Windows of Heaven (1999)
- Across the Sea of Suns (2001)
- Jefferson's Tree of Liberty (2008)
- McLaughlin, Karlin (2018-07-20). "Interview with Mark ‘Slick’ Aguilar of Live Dead & Riders ‘69 as the Days Between Near'" (in en). https://www.dcmusicreview.com/interview-with-mark-slick-aguilar-of-live-dead-riders-69-as-the-days-between-nears/.
- "EFFERSON STARSHIP’S SLICK AGUILAR RECEIVES LIVER TRANSPLANT'" (in en). 2013-08-02. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jefferson-starships-slick-aguilar-receives-liver-transplant/.
- "Slick Aguilar on Discogs" (in en). https://www.discogs.com/artist/3759632-Slick-Aguilar.