- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 12 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Suds_Jain. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Suds_Jain, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Suds_Jain.
सुधांशु जैन (Sudhanshu Jain)|
|Residence||Santa Clara, California|
|Education||MS in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Home town||Davis, California|
|Board member of||Acterra, Santa Clara Old Quad Residents Association|
Sudhanshu "Suds" Jain is an Acterra board member and Santa Clara, CA planning commissioner. He works with Acterra to address global warming in the San Francisco Bay Area and with Citizen's Climate Lobby to introduce a nationwide carbon fee and dividend. He also ran an unsuccessful bid for Santa Clara city councilmember in 2016.
Early life, education, and work
Suds Jain was born in Delhi, India and soon emigrated, with his family, to Davis, California, where he was raised through high school. He was educated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he studied electrical engineering and received a masters degree in it. He worked in the field at Bell Communications Research (now iconectiv) and SynOptics before teaching algebra and climatology at a local school. He retired in 2008.
Santa Clara city council campaign, 2016
In 2016, Suds Jain for ran seat 6 in the Santa Clara city council after Kathy Watanabe was appointed in March. He made his main issues traffic and sustainability. He lost, coming in third place, after incumbent Kathy Watanabe and businessman Mohammed Nadeem.
- "Suds' Bio". Suds Jain for Council 2016. http://sudsjain4council.nationbuilder.com/suds_bio.
- "[ Acterra: About Us: Board of Directors "]. http://www.acterra.org/aboutus/acterra_board.html.
- "Issues". Suds Jain for Council 2016. http://sudsjain4council.nationbuilder.com/issues.
- "Santa Clara - Election Results". http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/64404/184379/Web01/en/summary.html.