- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 1 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Tanil_Somaiya. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tanil_Somaiya, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tanil_Somaiya.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:Underlinked oooh, orphan
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2019)
Tanil Somaiya (born 8 October 1968) is a Tanzanian businessman/entrepreneur and philanthropist. According to The Guardian Newspaper, he and his business partner were agents on many military deals, including the Gulfstream jet sold to President Benjamin Mkapa in 2002 for about $40m.
Tanil was born in Mwanza, a vibrant city on the shores of Lake Victoria.
- "The arms deal, the agent and the Swiss bank account". The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jan/15/bae.freedomofinformation.
- The Zimbabwean (19 July 2009). "Tanzania: Vithlani nailed". https://www.thezimbabwean.co/2009/07/tanzania-vithlani-nailed/. Retrieved 9 October 2019.