The Goree Girls
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 11 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Goree_Girls. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Goree_Girls, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Goree_Girls.
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (September 2009)
The Goree Girls was a proposed musical film set in the 1940s which tells the story of eight Goree Prison inmates who form a country-western band. Filming was set to take place during January 2010, but was pushed back to accommodate Aniston's filming of Just Go With It. Ellen Pompeo also agreed to put off production in order to spend more time with her daughter, Stella. The film will take place in Lubbock, Texas, Amarillo, Texas, Dallas, Texas, and Harlingen, Texas.
Details regarding the film's production trickled away during 2012 and 2013, so the film's fate is uncertain. The project may have been abandoned entirely, or it may be in development hell.
The film is based on a true story about eight women who were incarcerated at Texas’ Goree State Farm penitentiary in the 1940s. These women formed the Goree All Girl String Band, one of the first all-female western acts in history, capturing the hearts of millions in the process.
- Jennifer Aniston as Trisha Durant
- Ellen Pompeo as Farah
- Jennifer Landon as Kathy Roberts
- Kelly Rowland as Jill Vegas
- Melissa DiMarco as Erica Gilligan
- Pam Tillis as Cassidy Sunderson
- Jennette McCurdy as Billie Crow
- Jimmy Bennett as Logan Smith
- "Jennifer Aniston ready to reveal her singing voice". CNN. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/10/jennifer.aniston.sings/. Retrieved 2009-09-18. Template:Dead link