The Shroud of Gaia
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 2 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Shroud_of_Gaia. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Shroud_of_Gaia, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Shroud_of_Gaia.
The Shroud of Gaia is a Canadian-based progressive metal band formed in 2010. The Shroud of Gaia has released two EP, The Shroud of Gaia Demo Tracks, released in 2011 and The Shroud of Gaia Radio EP Contains Radio Edit Versions of 5 songs their songs, released on July 5, 2013.
The Shroud of Gaia was formed in 2010 by Lyndon Barnard guitarist and keyboardist Patrick Murphy. Lyndon had just completed a two year program at Mohawk for Classical Music and Jazz Harmony when he met Patrick. The two shared a similar interest in musical tastes and so formed the idea for The Shroud of Gaia. The band completed their lineup with a Vocalist - Cody James Wood, who they met through mutual acquaintances. Bassist – Kenny Butcher who was friends with Cody James Wood and drummer Brennen Creighton Young, who they met on an online forum. With this line up the band was able to win the Norfolk County Fair and Horse Show and battle of the bands and were able to secure the win, which was unheard of, being that they were unable to include their vocalist at that time. Later that year they began recording their second EP containing radio edit version of their full length songs.
Publicity and reception
The Shroud of Gaia has been featured on the Prog Archives as a new Progressive rock band from Canada to watch out for. They have had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Justin Hinse and played, with much acclaim for Daryn Barry of Orange Lounge Records, Jeremy Taggart of Our Lady Peace, Andy Curran of Coney Hatch and Tyler Stewart of The Barenaked Ladies. Rock for dimes
The band is not only involved in music, but also with the March of Dimes Canada in which they were part of raising almost 1 million dollars . They have also been part of Ride for Refuge and with their EP release party raised several hundred dollars to help an orphanage in Haiti .
They have also featured on MyFM Sessions You can check out this session on This exposed the band to 15 separate radio stations under the banner of MyFM They were also invited back for a live session on SoundFM in Waterloo Ontario
After playing several shows in Toronto, including the Hard Rock Cafe and the Mod Club Theatre ModClub The Shroud of Gaia joined the ranks of many other well known artists, such as Avril Lavigne, Jack Johnson and The Tragically Hip when they were asked to work with Daryn Barry of Orange Record Label in Toronto.
- Cody James Wood - Vocals
- Lyndon Barnard - Guitar
- Patrick Murphy - Keyboards
- Kenny Butcher - Bass
- Brennen Creighton - Young - Drums
- Patrick Verbinnen - Bass Guitar
- Andrew Bell - Drums
- Brian Soulard - Vocals Brian Soulard
- The Shroud of Gaia Demos (2011)
- Studio albums
- "The Shroud of Gaia music,". http://theshroudofgaia.bandcamp.com/music.
- Myspace biography. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "Rock for Dimes,". http://marchofdimes.akaraisin.com/RFDToronto2013.
- The Shroud of Gaia | Myspace – The Shroud of Gaia(Demo)