- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 16 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Trevor_Menear. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Trevor_Menear, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Trevor_Menear.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2015)
Trevor Menear is a guitarist and singer-songwriter from Chicago. His music encompasses many genres such as Rock, Jazz and Blues. His influences include Jimi Hendrix, Duane Allman, Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, The Beatles and Nirvana.
Trevor Menear was born in Grand Rapids, MI, but moved to Chicago with his family at a young age. His parents (his father is radio personality Kevin Matthews) introduced him to music by giving him a drum kit at age 3, and later enrolled him in piano lessons. However, it wasn't until age 10 when he started playing the guitar. Trevor continued to pursue music with various bands during his younger years performing original material as well as covers.
Menear attended the University of Tennessee, where he studied jazz performance for two years before returning to Chicago to become more involved with his own music and the Chicago music scene. In addition to writing and performing his own material, Menear has experimented with producing his own tracks. He contributed a version of John Lennon's "John Sinclair" for Warner Bros. Instant Karma. Menear chose to record the song with an antique Meissner 9-1065 78 rpm record lathe, which records directly into a vinyl acetate.
Trevor made his first television appearance on September 28, 2007 on ABC 7 where he was interviewed about his track contribution to Instant Karma. Menear also participated in the 2008 SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas, CMJ Music Festival in New York and has toured with Rock The Vote. Trevor currently resides in Silverlake, CA.
- Introducing Trevor Menear (2008) (Shangri-La Music)
- Some Kind of Sunshine (2010) (Self Released/Delta Majesty)
- Boots For Alice (2009) (Self Released/Delta Majesty)
- "John Sinclair Cover" (Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur)
- "Reason to Leave" (Introducing Trevor Menear)
- "Meet Me In The Sea" (Boots For Alice - EP)
Recording Collaborations / Guest Appearances
- 2007: Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur, Rocky Dawuni
- 2008: Walking On The Earth, Chris Pierce
- 2008: Family Order, Family Order
- 2009: This Is Marvin Country, Marvin Etzioni
- Newman, Melinda. "SXSW 2008 Showcasing Artists: Trevor Menear". SXSW Music. Archived from the original on February 19, 2008. http://web.archive.org/web/20080219152940/http://2008.sxsw.com/music/showcases/band/59104.html. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Trevor Menear Band". ABC 7 Chicago. August 30, 2007. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011. http://web.archive.org/web/20110521100048/http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=resources&id=5617636#siteSearch. Retrieved February 27, 2015.