Hi Guaka! I really appreciate the work made here, but I have a request. Can you please help me removing the page [deleted]? The agency in which I work represents her, and for issues related to her image, we would prefer that the content were deleted. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance, Adan.
- Done! Guaka (talk) 23:22, 9 May 2017 (CEST)
- Thank you! :)
Ought there be a link to the Wikipedia article, even if deleted? Links to the AfD page(s) would be helpful too, as they sometimes have suggestions for how to improve an article. Ideally, the history of an article would be imported, not just a snapshot. I'm mentioning this prompted in part by a comment about license compliance but I think maintaining as much article provenance as possible would be genuinely useful. Mike Linksvayer (talk) 05:57, 27 December 2013 (GMT)
- Good idea. Added to User:Robyt, feel free to add more.
- I'll probably set up a github repo for it soon. But it slightly depends on the state of the Speedy Deletion Wiki bot code. Guaka (talk) 12:17, 27 December 2013 (GMT)
I'm noticing pages the article FOX animated universe (nominated for deletion on November 6) is not automatically being imported from Wikipedia. Is there a procedure for doing this manually? Ideally I'd like this to carry the contributor history per GDFL requirements (and also to credit the contributors).
Thanks for creating this site. I hope to contribute and help as much as possible by cleaning up article errors that occurred when adopting them from the Wikipedia format so that they are readable to users. --Topbookclub Talk 23:58, 31 August 2016 (CEST)
Thanks for the great work on Deletionpedia.org
Pls, I want this article removed from the platform completely "http://deletionpedia.org/en/Michael_Chudi_Ejekam"
It was removed entirely from English wikipedia because it was purely written to tarnish the subject. Pls help
- Done! Guaka (talk) 13:53, 19 September 2016 (CEST)
That's very kind of you. Thank you!
Hi. Thank you for your work here. It appears article Wikipedia:Malena Morgan was deleted four times on English Wikipedia (the latest time after AfD 21:01, 3 April 2016 (UTC)) per this log, but it is not here and it appears never to have been here. What can be done about this? Jeff G. (talk) 04:38, 27 February 2017 (CET)
- Hi Jeff! I'm seeing some good edits from you here, thanks for that! My time for Deletionpedia is extremely limited so I promoted you to Admin now and I trust you to do the right things with these powers. The things you mention all make total sense. Let me know when you need me for something you can't do with the Admin rights.
- That is, outside of actual bot modifications, you could create issues there at https://github.com/guaka/deletionpedia/issues - maybe someone will work on that. Guaka (talk) 01:35, 15 March 2017 (CET)
Request for checkuser
Hi. Can you please checkuser the users who have been deleting sourced content from Michael Gastauer, with an eye toward blocking their rangeblock and informing their ISPs? Jeff G. (talk) 05:12, 31 March 2017 (CEST)
Some talk pages grow even if the respective article gets put up for AfD. To correct this I've started to manually copy-editing talk pages from Wikipedia AfD:s to here. I only copy the pages that have merits outside of Wikipedia. PsychoticInq (talk) 15:22, 6 August 2017 (CEST)
- PsychoticInq: Thanks for letting us know. You meant "copying" rather than "copy-editing", right? Please don't move pages here without leaving Template:Moved from. Jeff G. (talk) 16:03, 24 August 2017 (CEST)
- Guaka: Please see Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/PsychoticInq. Jeff G. (talk) 16:36, 24 August 2017 (CEST)
- Two ways to do this. 1. Admin account access to Wikipedia. 2. Immediately copy everything that is added.
- In practice 1. would be a lot easier to implement but requires some social interaction. Guaka (talk) 09:35, 23 October 2017 (CEST)
- I'm afraid that the admins are meant to implement the speedy deletion universally as a sort of punishment. The punishment being that you loose all your work and need to start over. So I think it might be hard to find admins that are willing to cooperate. However perhaps this will help, [] Not sure if they all end up here but the pages can be grabbed from here once added.--ACA (talk) 23:33, 23 October 2017 (CEST)
Dear Guaka, First of all, I really appreciate all the work that you've done through deletionpedia--an important effort for preserving archives. I have a request: I was wondering if you could help remove the page [deleted] from the site? The page was deleted from Wikipedia, but the AfD discussion for this page was heated and can lead to some misunderstanding for the subject, who is someone I know, and I think that the real-world consequences of having the page might be negative. I really hope you can help! In the meantime, I've edited the page to diminish misunderstanding, but removing the page would be optimal. Thank you so much for your understanding! Ethan Ethyan (talk) 23:37, 12 November 2017 (CET)
There's this MediaWiki feature called InstantCommons. If you enable it on Deletionpedia.org, then if an article requests an image that doesn't exist here but exists on Wikimedia Commons, it will import a lower-quality version of the image onto Deletionpedia. What do you think? Much less cumbersome than importing images so that pages make sense.
Also File:Barnstar of reliable deletionism.png is linked onto from Main Page, but it doesn't exist here (it exists on Commons though).
Merry Christmas from stranger195 (talk • contribs • guestbook) 11:32, 11 December 2017 (CET)