- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 7 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vanathi_Srinivasan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vanathi_Srinivasan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vanathi_Srinivasan.
Vanathi is a lawyer by profession. She started her professional career in 1993, working for Shri. B.S.Gnanadesikan, Senior Advocate (Formerly Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President). She has been practicing law in Chennai High Court for more than two decades. In 2010, Vanathi was a special Invitee for US State Development for Young Leaders Programme. Vanathi was also a Standing Counsel for Southern Railway and Union Government, She was a former state secretary of BJP Tamilnadu and also severed as board member of Central Board of Film Certification. She contested in 2011 & 2016 Tamil Nadu State Assembly election as BJP candidate.
2016 Assembly elections
Vanathi Srinivasan secured 33,113 votes in the Coimbatore South Assembly Election 2016.
The AIADMK filed criminal cases of assault on Vanathi Srinivasan and six other members including the Hindu munnani district President T. Guna in coimbatore during the state assembly campaigns of 2016. The Madras High court granted her an anticipatory bail for the case on August 2016.
Vanathi Founded Thamarai Shakthi Trust – an NGO working for Women Empowerment. She was the State Organiser for Sister Nivedita 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations. Vanathi supported Asian games medallist Santhi Soundarajan's Justice for Santhi campaign to end the sex verification test for women in sports. She also initiated water conservation projects in Coimbatore to protect the local water bodies.
Vanathi openly supports the rights of gender and sexual minorities in India along with few of her political party members including Arun Jaitley. She launched the first book on the LGBT community in the Tamil language penned by Gopi Shankar Madurai.
- May 31, Jaya Menon |; 2019; Ist, 8:12. "BJP looks for new party chief in Tamil Nadu | Chennai News - Times of India" (in en). https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/bjp-looks-for-new-party-chief-in-state/articleshow/69589502.cms.
- (in en) BJP Vanathi Srinivasan Interview - RSS is our Mother | Tamil Nadu Politics, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=720fT1x1x4s, retrieved 2019-12-24
- "TN BJP leader hosts chat shows on Facebook". The Hindu. 23 May 2016. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/tn-bjp-leader-hosts-chat-shows-on-facebook/article6100637.ece. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Censor Board, News Today". News Today. 19 January 2015. http://newstodaynet.com/news-tags/censor-board. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Actor Surya held, out on bail". Deccan Herald. 24 August 2005. http://archive.deccanherald.com/Deccanherald/aug242005/national223182005823.asp. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "In Coimbatore, BJP performs better than DMDK-PWF-TMC". The Hindu. 12 September 2016. http://www.thehindu.com/elections/tamilnadu2016/in-coimbatore-bjp-performs-better-than-dmdkpwftmc/article8623059.ece. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Aug 8, A. Subramani | TNN |; 2016; Ist, 17:27. "Madras HC grants anticipatory bail to BJP leader Vanathi Srinivasan | Chennai News - Times of India" (in en). https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Madras-HC-grants-anticipatory-bail-to-BJP-leader-Vanathi-Srinivasan/articleshow/53599680.cms.
- "Sister Nivedita ratha yatra flagged off". The Hindu. 2018-01-23. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/sister-nivedita-ratha-yatra-flagged-off/article22494071.ece. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "SISTER NIVEDITA 150th Rath Yatra Team". www.nivedita150.com. 2018-01-12. http://nivedita150.com/team.php. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Gopi Shankar Madurai. "Why India Must Not Fail Santhi Soundarajan". Swarajya (,India). http://swarajyamag.com/sports/why-india-must-not-fail-santhi-soundarajan. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Uliyampalayam pond fills up". The Hindu. 2017-04-23. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/uliyampalayam-pond-fills-up/article17600488.ece. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "Meet the BJP leader who released a book on LGBT rights". The News Minute. 2014-07-14. http://www.thenewsminute.com/news_sections/646. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- "It's a great honour to be awarded for book on gender variants: Gopi Shankar - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-07-21. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Its-a-great-honour-to-be-awarded-for-book-on-gender-variants-Gopi-Shankar/articleshow/38769130.cms. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Ashok Row Kavi (2016-03-19). "RSS flip-flop on homosexuality indicates gay men in India remain in exile, writes Ashok Row Kavi". Firstpost.com. http://www.firstpost.com/living/rss-flip-flop-on-homosexuality-indicates-gay-men-in-india-remain-in-exile-writes-ashok-row-kavi-2685296.html. Retrieved 2018-01-26.
- Emmanuel, Gladwin (11 July 2014). "BJP leader launches LGBT rights book in TN". Mumbai Mirror. https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/news/india/BJP-leader-launches-LGBT-rights-book-in-TN/articleshow/38157614.cms. Retrieved 19 October 2019.