- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 19 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Zafar_Ikram. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Zafar_Ikram, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Zafar_Ikram.
|Dr Zafar Ikram|
|Born||24 December 1955|
|Education||MBBS, M.Phil, MBA, DOMS, DHA|
|Alma mater||King Edward Medical University Punjab University Cadet College Petaro|
|Occupation||Doctor Medical Teacher|
Saad Bin Zafar (Son)|
Nassar Ikram (Brother)
He was educated at Cadet College Petaro where he was able to win Badge of honour in 1971, Silver medal for standing first in SSC Exam in district Dadu and was also Junior Under Officer of his House. Other two known students from his batch were Asif Ali Zardari, former President of Pakistan and Zulfiqar Mirza, Former Home Minister of Sindh. He obtained his MBBS degree in 1978, from King Edward Medical College, Lahore. In 1984 He completed D.O.M.S Ophthalmology from Post Graduate Medical Institute Lahore. He got his Diploma in hospital administration from Punjab University and was awarded a Gold Medal in 1991. Later in 1998 he completed his MBA in Health Administration from Allama Iqbal Open University. Recently in 2016 he was successful in completing his M.Phil in Public health from Punjab University.
During his service in Punjab Government he has held many influential designations in Punjab Health Department. Some of his designations were Director General of Punjab Health Department, Additional Director General of Punjab Health Department, Medical Superintendent of Mayo Hospital, Executive District Officer Health Sheikhupura, Executive District Officer Health Gujrat and Medical Superintendent of Lahore General Hospital.
He has extensive teaching experience as he had been the instructor of Medical office administration class at CDI College campuses at Brampton, Scarborough, North York and Newmarket. He had also been instructor of Opticianary program at Georgian College and Seneca College, Toronto. He has been teaching Public Health and Hospital Administration to MPH, MHA & MBA(Health) classes at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Punjab, Lahore Medical and Dental College, Centre for Health and Population Studies, Institute of Public Health, and Institute Of Administrative Sciences. He has also worked as Health Consultant for CIDA, USAID and UNICEF.
- "Dengue deaths return to Punjab". http://nation.com.pk/lahore/29-Oct-2013/dengue-deaths-return-to-punjab/. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "7 doctors of Mayo Hospital suspended for negligence". http://nation.com.pk/lahore/10-Jul-2008/7-doctors-of-Mayo-Hospital-suspended-for-negligence. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Petaro". http://www.petaro.org/houses/Hs-liaquat.htm. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Exhibition in Lahore". http://nation.com.pk/lahore/25-Oct-2013/exhibition-in-lahore. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Additional Director General Integrated Programme for Mother & Child Health Punjab Dr. Zafar Ikram - Lahore News, political scandals, scams, Entertainment, Sports, Lahore history, Lahore police and infotainment portal". http://lahoreworld.com/tag/additional-director-general-integrated-programme-for-mother-child-health-punjab-dr-zafar-ikram/. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "'Fayyaz Ranjha Shaukat Aziz of Mayo Hospital'". http://nation.com.pk/lahore/26-Nov-2008/Fayyaz-Ranjha-Shaukat-Aziz-of-Mayo-Hospital. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Health officials reshuffled". 22 April 2008. https://www.dawn.com/news/299267. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (14 December 2011). "Gallantry medal demanded for nurse". https://www.dawn.com/news/680414/gallantry-medal-demanded-for-nurse. Retrieved 19 July 2017.